Thread: firefox toolbar

bjmilton Guest

Default firefox toolbar

I upgraded to 9.1.008.000 today and installed the ZoneAlarm toolbar for FireFox. I found that after I did that firefox no longer shut down clean. The window would go away but the firefox.exe was still running in the task manager. FireFox could not be restarted until the .exe was killed. I also found that I could not use all of the functions in my online banking because it is preventing the opening of a new window or tab. I also noticed that the pull-down menus on FireFox were also displaying with blank lines. I disabled the ZoneAlarm toolbar and all works again in FireFox.

orgelc Guest

Default Re: firefox toolbar

I had the same problem.

I upgraded to ZA Suite 9.1.008 yesterday.
    Could not run Firefox 3.5.4

Had to uninstall 9.1 and rever to ZA 8
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/images/misc/progress.gif http://forums.zonealarm.com/images/buttons/edit.gif

robke Guest

Same problem with me.
    Only disabling ZA via the Add-on menu in FF stops the problem.

bbeeusa Guest

Same here. Firefox 3.5.5 does not close properly with the new Zone Alarm toolbar activated. After I close Firefox, I can't restart it without restarting my computer. Also when I look at processes running I notice now I have a new process called: ISWSVC.com underneath it shows Forcefield.exe. I do not have ZoneAlarm Extreme Secuity Suite installed. Therefore I will deactivate ZoneAlarm toolbar and see if Forcefield goes away.

Thumbs up Re: firefox toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by bbeeusa View Post
    Same here. Firefox 3.5.5 does not close properly with the new Zone Alarm toolbar activated. After I close Firefox, I can't restart it without restarting my computer. Also when I look at processes running I notice now I have a new process called: ISWSVC.com underneath it shows Forcefield.exe. I do not have ZoneAlarm Extreme Secuity Suite installed. Therefore I will deactivate ZoneAlarm toolbar and see if Forcefield goes away.

If you had used the Forum Search Function you would have seen this Post by the Forum Moderator..

====================

"Hello,

We are aware of the problem with Firefox 3.5.5 and ForceField.

We are working on a fix and expect to have it available very soon as an automatic update.

In the meantime there are no work arounds besides downgrading FireFox to something else but version 3.5.5

Forum Moderator "

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthread.php?t=71698

=====================
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information