Thread: Your settings file is corrupt. The upgrade will be installed with default settings

Hybrid View

webwanderer Guest

Default Your settings file is corrupt. The upgrade will be installed with default settings

* Windows Vista Ultimate 6.0.6002 SP2

* Zonealarm 8.0.298,035

I'm trying to upgrade to Zonealarm 91 008 000 for the performance gains, and to stay current, but I'm getting the following message:

__"Your settings file is corrupt. The upgrade will be installed with default settings"__

I surely don't want to go through all that program training again and answering all those questions again. How do I fix this, please?

Also, it says v9 has performance improvements. Is that turning out to be true? I've seen a few "my PC got slow with Zonealarm v9" posts.

thanks

Default Re: Your settings file is corrupt. The upgrade will be installed with default setting

Hi!
    please check directly with ZA support. Link in my signature.
    I am not aware of a way around the corrupted settings. You could backup your settings and try to restore them after.
    It is always good to start fresh with major release shift (7 to 8, 8 to 9, etc).

ZA 9 running great here. A support forum is not the best place to find if a software works...users comes here when they have problems, they don't if they are happy

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 6th, 2009 at 10:24 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

webwanderer Guest

Default Re: Your settings file is corrupt. The upgrade will be installed with default setting

Start fresh?.... as in go through the month of training and pop-ups? I would agree in priciple, but I spend way waaaaaaay too much time maintaining this computer, upgrading software, patches, backups, etc. ..... Ugh
    .... maybe I will .................. ... ugh
    .... I probably should have switched to a Mac when this awful POS Vista came out.

Good point about the forum attendees.

Anyway, is 9 faster for you?

Quote Originally Posted by webwanderer View Post
    Anyway, is 9 faster for you?

Faster and lighter...

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information