Thread: zonealarm +windows7 = bluescreen =lan/wlan not working anymore

xiaoan Guest

Default zonealarm +windows7 = bluescreen =lan/wlan not working anymore

Hi,
    I tried to install Zone Alarm on my Windows 7 ultimate. I run the setup and soon after my pc crashed with a blue screen. After reboot i found out that my wlan was not working anymore ( i was connecting with wlan to the internet). Than i disabled wlan, plugged in my lan cable and did the setup again. One more blue screen and my lan is dead to now. I reinstalled all lan/wlan drivers etc. but it doesnt work.

What did the crash of Zone Alarm to my PC ? I DONT want to do a clean install of my OS!!

Hope you can help
    Thanks

Default Re: zonealarm +windows7 = bluescreen =lan/wlan not working anymore

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoan View Post
    Hi,
    I tried to install Zone Alarm on my Windows 7 ultimate. I run the setup and soon after my pc crashed with a blue screen. After reboot i found out that my wlan was not working anymore ( i was connecting with wlan to the internet). Than i disabled wlan, plugged in my lan cable and did the setup again. One more blue screen and my lan is dead to now. I reinstalled all lan/wlan drivers etc. but it doesnt work.

What did the crash of Zone Alarm to my PC ? I DONT want to do a clean install of my OS!!

Hope you can help
    Thanks

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

What Version and Type of ZoneAlarm did you install?

ZAFree is not yet Compatible with Windows 7

and ONLY the Paid Versions of ZoneAlarm 9.1 are Compatible with Windows 7

Now Windows 7 32/64bit compatible

Also compatible with XP 32bit and Vista 32/64bit

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (9.1.008.000)

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (9.1.008.000)

ZoneAlarm Pro (9.1.008.000)

ZoneAlarm Antivirus (9.1.008.000)

*** NOTE: You must download the correct product which you have previously purchased or are licensed for. If you install and your software says it in a 15 day trial, then you have downloaded and installed software which you are not licensed for and must uninstall or you must input your license key or purchase the product when the 15 day trail runs out.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

xiaoan Guest

I only downloaded the newest version of the trial version. And it didnt give me a chance to say: This version is not compatible with windows 7... It just crashed with a blue screen after it tried to start the setup

I only downloaded the newest version of the trial version. And it didnt give me a chance to say: This version is not compatible with windows 7... It just crashed with a blue screen after it tried to start the setup

I'll try one more time?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

and ONLY the Paid Versions of ZoneAlarm 9.1.008.000 are Compatible with Windows 7

What Version and Type of ZoneAlarm did you install?

1.) Which Trial Version? Free? ZAAV? ZAPro? ZASS? ZA Extreme?

2.) Conflict with other Pre-installed Security Software can cause Conflict..

You can also Contact ZA Tech Support Directly? However they will Require a lot more Details about your Computer and Version/Type of ZoneAlarm than you provide to me..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 7th, 2009 at 03:57 AM.
    GeorgeV

ZAProUser2009 Guest

I have had the same experience exept no Wlan problems (running Win 7 Ultimate).

zapSetup_90_136_000_en.exe BSOD
    zapSetup_91_008_000_en.exe BSOD

On my XP drive, no problem istalling any of above with the same hadrware. It is not a hardware issue. It has to do with Zonealarm crashing Win 7.

I've used ZA for years - it's the best Firewall on the planet, I am really dissapointed.

And please don't say ZA is compatible with Win 7 when it crashes the operating system within 3 seconds.

Here is my ZA BSOD Log File:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C0000005
    BCP2: 82ABCEFE
    BCP3: 9CA55AC8
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\101509-30248-01.dmp
    C:\Users\JL\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45099-0.sysdata.xml

Hi,

Hope you can help
    Thanks
    Last edited by ZAProUser2009; November 18th, 2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZAProUser2009 View Post
    I have had the same experience exept no Wlan problems (running Win 7 Ultimate).

zapSetup_90_136_000_en.exe BSOD
    zapSetup_91_008_000_en.exe BSOD

On my XP drive, no problem istalling any of above with the same hadrware. It is not a hardware issue. It has to do with Zonealarm crashing Win 7.

When Zonealarm personnel says "It is sometimes difficult to troubleshoot...", I see no effort to request on their part requesting Win 7 log files, etc.

I've used ZA for years - it's the best Firewall on the planet, I am really dissapointed with the Lethargy or Indifference with the current Windows 7 compatibility issues coming from Za Support.

And please don't say ZA is compatible with Win 7 when it crashes the operating system within 3 seconds.

Shame on you.

Here is my ZA BSOD Log File:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C0000005
    BCP2: 82ABCEFE
    BCP3: 9CA55AC8
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\101509-30248-01.dmp
    C:\Users\JL\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45099-0.sysdata.xml

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Sorry I have not used ZAP in years..

But ZASS 9.1 and ZA Extreme 9.1 installed Smoothly for me on Windows 7 32-Bit and 64-bit with no problems..

Please Report Details of your Windows 7 problem directly to Checkpoint Tech Support Live Chat..

Click link in my signature..
    GeorgeV

ZA 9.1 is compatible with Windows 7

Just because your install didn't go well does not mean its not compatible.
    Please don't make those generic assertions about the software.

Its not compatible on your particular computer.
    Tens of thousands of users have already installed ZA 9.1 on the Win 7 OS with no BSOD issue at all.

Forum Moderator

KirO Guest

I have the same problem with the ZoneAlarm Pro that was free only for a day a few weeks ago (usually is a paid version).

After the BSOD the computer was working fine, but after restart, the network doesn't work.

If you speak Spanish, i have some screen captures ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VS3XO4BU ) and I reported it to Microsoft ( http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-afa3be5e1205 )

Thread Information