Thread: Update notice 91_008_000_en WINXP Will not install?

lost_in_space Guest

Thumbs down Update notice 91_008_000_en WINXP Will not install?

I keep on getting a notice on my PC that there is a update available for my ZA Internet suite, the update is zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en

zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en will not install?

I keep on getting a notice from ZA that a update is available. So I save it to my Desktop and try to run it and it will not work?

The error message states that:
    zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application??

I have WIN XP Media
    SP3

Default Re: Update notice 91_008_000_en WINXP Will not install?

Quote Originally Posted by lost_in_space View Post
    I keep on getting a notice on my PC that there is a update available for my ZA Internet suite, the update is zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en

zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en will not install?

I keep on getting a notice from ZA that a update is available. So I save it to my Desktop and try to run it and it will not work?

The error message states that:

I have WIN XP Media
    SP3
    Please Contact ZA Tech Support Directly with full details of your computer/Version of Windows and what other security programs installed?

Click on Support link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lost_in_space Guest

I did just that and got a reply for somthing that was resolved a log time ago?/ Somthing is wrong somewhere;;;;;;;; and I do not know what

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Please Contact ZA Tech Support Directly with full details of your computer/Version of Windows and what other security programs installed?

Click on Support link in my Signature..

I did just that and got a reply for somthing that was resolved a log time ago?/ Somthing is wrong somewhere;;;;;;;; and I do not know what

Thank you for your Feedback..

Here is what works for most users..

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV

lost_in_space Guest

HUH way above me, heck I just paid for this and it should work!

Thank you for your Feedback..

Here is what works for most users..

The simplest procedure is to :

1.Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

NOTICE: Please note that ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

For example, the Following programs do not work well with ZoneAlarm, Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------

HUH way above me, heck I just paid for this and it should work!

"The error message states that:
    "

This is what you said the problem was..

==============
    A.) When Windows XP tells you that the Download is not a Valid application..
    that tells you that the Download was Corrupted durring the download..

The Fix for this type of problem, is to DELETE the Bad Download..
    and Download a Fresh Copy using the Instructions on STEP 1.) of my previous Post..

If this does not work..
    The Make sure that your WinXP Media Center SP3 meets the System Requirements for installing ZASuite 9.1.

Microsoft Windows, XP SP2 or SP3 Home / Professional
    • 32-bit, 1GB RAM
    • 1 GHz or faster processor
    • 250MB of available hard-disk space
    Please note that ZA products do not support Windows XP Media Center editions.
    It seems to work fine in most cases but I have also seen users with all sort of problem with the 'media edition'.

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthre...ion#post254489
    GeorgeV

lost_in_space Guest

Seems that its working fine not, Zach at tech support walked me thought the problem Apparently they had a problem with the link, so they passes on a different link and its up and running now.

Thanks

"The error message states that:
    "

This is what you said the problem was..

==============
    A.) When Windows XP tells you that the Download is not a Valid application..
    that tells you that the Download was Corrupted durring the download..

The Fix for this type of problem, is to DELETE the Bad Download..
    and Download a Fresh Copy using the Instructions on STEP 1.) of my previous Post..

If this does not work..
    The Make sure that your WinXP Media Center SP3 meets the System Requirements for installing ZASuite 9.1.

Microsoft Windows, XP SP2 or SP3 Home / Professional
    • 32-bit, 1GB RAM
    • 1 GHz or faster processor
    • 250MB of available hard-disk space
    Please note that ZA products do not support Windows XP Media Center editions.
    It seems to work fine in most cases but I have also seen users with all sort of problem with the 'media edition'.

http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthre...ion#post254489

Default [Resolved] Update notice 91_008_000_en WINXP Will not install?

Your Welcome..

Thread Information