Thread: ZASS 9.1.507 Woes- zlquarantine

bromerrill Guest

Angry ZASS 9.1.507 Woes- zlquarantine

Having spent over 20 hours trying to install zass 9.1.507, I finally had to give up. I was able to get 9.1.008 to install once but I removed it in hope of installing the newer version. I tried everything form spending about 3 hours with tech support chat, changing permissions, doing all the cleans,cpes, editing the registry, everything that has been suggested to do but the install always hangs on the zlquarantine file. However I believe it is an issue with the files which are installed next which launch the antivirus aspect of the install. I do not know what serendipity there was when the 9.1.008 installed. I only installed in safe mode with networking. My system is an xp pro version 2002 with sp3.Other than this install I have not had any other problems with the pc. One time during an attempted install of 9.1.507 I was unable to boot and had to use a 3rd party cd to do a partial restore. Another time I kept getting the BSOD early in the boot. Had to restore that also. I am very unhappy and frustrated, and the tech support simply does not what to do- they have no solution. Lastly, I cannot even reinstall a previous version from the 7.0 series. At present I am doing a system restore and will see if I get any za back at all.
    Last edited by bromerrill; April 15th, 2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: add icon

Default Re: ZASS 9.1.507 Woes- zlquarantine

Sorry for your problems and frustrations. We are all users here, no ZA staff. May be other users with your same problem could input in here for a solution.

Otherwise my suggestion, if you want to absolutely use ZA, is to start from scratch.

- Reformat your HD;
    - Install XP
    - Turn on windows firewall
    - Update XP with ALL SPs and patches
    - Now install ZA always from the administrator account
    - Check that everything works well.
    - Install the rest

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

paulinus Guest

I have spent dozens of hours over 3 days struggling with similar problems, including being unable to get onto the internet after working in Safe Mode until I did a reset to an earlier date. I am now on the verge of writing my subscription off, and switching to a new security provider. I've done all the elaborate uninstalling, cleaning and registry editing that I have been instructed, along with repeated restarting of the computer, but at around 60% of the installation, I get a message "Setup is not complete......To continue installing, click Resume...". When I do so, I get "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account. Of course, I am the administrator, and I have adjusted Permissions in the newly created ZA folder in the registry, with no effect. The point at which the installation aborts is c:\...avsys\install\instdrivers\mklif\fre_wlh_x86\ klif.sys
    One point I note, but which is probably a red herring, is that at the start of the installation, a window appears saying that the installer has detected that this computer has MailFrontier antispam software installed, and that this will be replaced with the ZA junk email Filter. Probably no relevance, but worth a mention.

paulinus Guest

Sorry, I meant to mention that I had decided to try to uninstall MailFrontier, before re-attempting the installation, in case this was an issue, but I've searched the system, and can't find it. Is it hiding under another name?

I am sorry for all the waste of time and frustration. As originally suggested I would not mess more and start clean. It will be faster, cleaner and your will have a far better system after. Remember to backup your important documents before.

If you continue patching and partially removing you will never get a stable system.

Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

aztony Guest

Unhappy Re: ZASS 9.1.507 Woes- zlquarantine

Quote Originally Posted by bromerrill View Post
    Having spent over 20 hours trying to install zass 9.1.507, I finally had to give up. I was able to get 9.1.008 to install once but I removed it in hope of installing the newer version. I tried everything form spending about 3 hours with tech support chat, changing permissions, doing all the cleans,cpes, editing the registry, everything that has been suggested to do but the install always hangs on the zlquarantine file. However I believe it is an issue with the files which are installed next which launch the antivirus aspect of the install. I do not know what serendipity there was when the 9.1.008 installed. I only installed in safe mode with networking. My system is an xp pro version 2002 with sp3.Other than this install I have not had any other problems with the pc. One time during an attempted install of 9.1.507 I was unable to boot and had to use a 3rd party cd to do a partial restore. Another time I kept getting the BSOD early in the boot. Had to restore that also. I am very unhappy and frustrated, and the tech support simply does not what to do- they have no solution. Lastly, I cannot even reinstall a previous version from the 7.0 series. At present I am doing a system restore and will see if I get any za back at all.
    I'm in the same boat. I've been working on this with tech support since I tried to install the update a few weeks ago. Right now I am on their last set of instructions, which is a repeat of a set of earlier instructions, and it's still stopping at the zlquarantine.dll. Even when I try installing previous versions of ZASS. The next step is going to be to send them the log files.

Quote Originally Posted by aztony View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I've been working on this with tech support since I tried to install the update a few weeks ago. Right now I am on their last set of instructions, which is a repeat of a set of earlier instructions, and it's still stopping at the zlquarantine.dll. Even when I try installing previous versions of ZASS. The next step is going to be to send them the log files.
    Thank you, Please continue providing Feedback to Tech Support..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information