Thread: Win 7 Virtual XP Mode?

ronsmeyer Guest

Question Win 7 Virtual XP Mode?

I have Win 7 Professional x64 and ZA Pro (works great). I also use virtual XP mode for a few apps (VPN and work apps) that refuse to install in 64bit. So question: Does ZA Pro in Win 7 also firewall XP mode at the same time - Or should I install ZA Pro in the virtual session as well?

Default Re: Win 7 Virtual XP Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by ronsmeyer View Post
    I have Win 7 Professional x64 and ZA Pro (works great). I also use virtual XP mode for a few apps (VPN and work apps) that refuse to install in 64bit. So question: Does ZA Pro in Win 7 also firewall XP mode at the same time - Or should I install ZA Pro in the virtual session as well?

Contact CheckPoint Support directly for That issue..

Click Support link in my Signature..

Please Post back here and let us Users know what you find out?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ronsmeyer Guest

Your tech support link takes me to a chat window which tells me chat is closed today and to "click here to email support". I clicked the link which took me a window which took me to a tech support page where there is absolutely no email support option whatsoever. Don't they have email support anymore? If they do, where is it?

Thumbs up Re: Win 7 Virtual XP Mode?

Your tech support link takes me to a chat window which tells me chat is closed today and to "click here to email support". I clicked the link which took me a window which took me to a tech support page where there is absolutely no email support option whatsoever. Don't they have email support anymore? If they do, where is it?

Sorry, But we are All Users here in this User Forum....

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

1.) there is NO Direct E-mail support..

2.) Customer Service Support on Orders, Re-newals and Billing is manned 24/7

3.) Tech support provided by Live Text Chat Mode Regular Business hours PST Monday-Friday.. When they are Off-Line you are Directed to a Web-Form, and Tech Support will Reply in 2-5 Days via E-mail..

So Live-Text Chat is Much Better and Quicker in Resolving issues..

4.) there may still be a Premium PAY per Minute Phone Support line
    available at www.zonealarm.com and Click on the Support Tab..

5.) AFAIK: ZoneAlarm was designed to function on One Computer OS at a time.. NO Server Function..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 8th, 2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV

OK, I just tried the Off-Line Tech Support Link and aparently the Web-Form Link is not Active today (Sunday )..I'm Sorry but you will have to wait for Live Chat on Monday ?
    GeorgeV

ronsmeyer Guest

Thumbs up Re: Win 7 Virtual XP Mode?

Bill: Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support. How may I help you today?

RonSmeyer: I have Win 7 Professional x64 and ZA Pro (works great). I also use virtual XP mode for a few apps (VPN and work apps) that refuse to install in 64bit. So question: Does ZA Pro in Win 7 also firewall XP mode at the same time - Or should I install ZA Pro in the virtual XP session as well?

Bill: ZoneAlarm Pro should be installed in the VM to protect it.

RonSmeyer: OK. That's what I wanted to know. I won't have any license problems since it is the same physical machine will I?

Bill: Right. you won't have a license issue.

Ron Schnatzmeyer: Okay. Thanks.

Bill: Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support. How may I help you today?

RonSmeyer: I have Win 7 Professional x64 and ZA Pro (works great). I also use virtual XP mode for a few apps (VPN and work apps) that refuse to install in 64bit. So question: Does ZA Pro in Win 7 also firewall XP mode at the same time - Or should I install ZA Pro in the virtual XP session as well?

Bill: ZoneAlarm Pro should be installed in the VM to protect it.

RonSmeyer: OK. That's what I wanted to know. I won't have any license problems since it is the same physical machine will I?

Bill: Right. you won't have a license issue.

Ron Schnatzmeyer: Okay. Thanks.

Thank you for Reporting back with your Feedback from Tech Support..

Good luck..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information