Thread: Antivirus won't update

bez Guest

Default Antivirus won't update

I keep getting a message that the server is inaccessible. I had computer shut down for 5 days (broke my arm) and when it started it up it needed to update. But now it won't. Was working perfectly before I shut down system. Is there a way to get the latest antivirus signature directly? I'm hoping that will fix the problem.

garywa Guest

Default Re: Antivirus won't update

You don't tell us what OS you are running or which ZA product and version. That information might help us to make better suggestions.

But, I'll go out on a limb here and make one suggestion - try resetting the ZA database (if your currently installed version supports this feature. You'll find instructions here: http://forums.zonealarm.com/showpost...49&postcount=7

NOTE: resetting the database will put it back to factory defaults. Write down any custom settings you may have changed before doing the reset. It is not recommended to backup and restore your security settings, because possible corruption there may be the cause of your problem.

I am running ZA Internet Security Suite:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1011693952
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

My OS information is in my sig, below.
    Last edited by garywa; February 13th, 2010 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Added cautionary NOTE

bez Guest

Oops... sorry...

OS - Windows 7
    Zone Alarm Extreme Security
    Version of ZA - 9.1.008.00
    Antivirus/antispyware engine 8.0.2.42 DAT file ver 1011159936

Everything is up to date on licenses... though I note that it is not registering.

garywa Guest

That's OK. Since I am not running Win7, some of the other users who are running that OS may have some better ideas, but resetting ZAES is still a reasonable step to try.

You may also want to consider trying the beta release which is discussed here: http://forums.zonealarm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

The beta release addresses several Win7 issues, from what I understand, but again, that is not my configuration or setup.

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bez View Post
    Oops... sorry...

OS - Windows 7
    Zone Alarm Extreme Security
    Version of ZA - 9.1.008.00
    Antivirus/antispyware engine 8.0.2.42 DAT file ver 1011159936

Everything is up to date on licenses... though I note that it is not registering.
    Hi,
    Here are the fixed issues in the latest ZoneAlarm Extreme Security beta:
    Fixed issues between 9.1.061.000 and 9.1.118.000:

* Support for IPv6 filtering has been added to our firewall
    * Compatibility with Microsoft Security Essentials
    * Communication issues with our registration server have been fixed
    * Compatibility with Windows Firewall during ZoneAlarm installation has been resolved
    * The diagnostics tool has been fixed to submit more detailed logging data
    * Memory usage reduced by memory leaks fixed in Full Disk Encryption and the user interface
    * Improved Browser Security support for the latest versions of Firefox
    * Additional logging for the SmartDefense Advisor system has been added
    * Multiple update dialogs will no longer appear when updates are available
    * Improved Browser Security stability when visiting phishing sites

https://www.zonealarm.com/security/e...TA-60day-1user

hope this helps you,
    findley
    Last edited by findley; February 13th, 2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: add link

bez Guest

Ok, so the question now is do I uninstall my paid version to use the Beta?

Post Re: Antivirus won't update

Quote Originally Posted by bez View Post
    Ok, so the question now is do I uninstall my paid version to use the Beta?
    Only ZA Anti-Virus and ZA Extreme Security are being BETA Tested at this Time,

If you have either of those two Versions Installed Now, you can probably Safely install the New BETA 9.1.118.000 over the Current Install..

However, after the BETA Test Cycle is completed, YOU MUST Do a CLEAN UN-INSTALL of the BETA, before Returing to the Current Comercial version..

Q: How can I sign up to beta test ZoneAlarm products?
    A: Just sign up in our Beta Center
    Q: What is beta testing and the beta program?
    A: “Beta testing” is a term used when software vendors make new versions of their software available to selected members of the public early for testing and feedback. The ZoneAlarm Beta Program is our official program to make new versions of ZoneAlarm software available to you for free. In return, we only ask that you give us your feedback before we officially release the software to consumers. With your feedback, you will help us to ensure that we continue to release high-quality software to you, our customers.
    Q: How can I sign up to beta test ZoneAlarm products?
    A: Just sign up in our Beta Center, and we will provide you with downloads for all our products currently in beta and all the information you need to get started.
    Q: How do I benefit by testing ZoneAlarm beta products?
    A: You will be among the first to see the latest in ZoneAlarm security software free-of-charge, and your system will be fully protected by our award-winning software. At the same time, you will help us to refine our products for best-of-breed protection before general release.
    Q: Are there risks to beta testing?
    A: Though all of our beta builds are fully tested before they are made available to you, please remember that the goal of beta testing is to help us identify where issues exist in our software while it is still being developed. Therefore, issues could still occur during beta testing. Remember, you’re using the beta software at your own risk.
    Q: What if I experience issues while using the beta software?
    A: If you discover any issues with the beta software, or have any feedback at all, please fill out the following form with as much detail of your experience as you can: ZoneAlarm Beta Feedback Form. Sometimes, we find that we need additional information from you before we can proceed with our investigations, so please be ready to send us your specific response so that we can be sure to address your specific issue or concern.
    Q: Can I use my current MyZone login name for beta testing?
    A: Yes, in fact your MyZone login is identical to the login for the Beta Center. You must have a MyZone account to access the beta program. Please be sure to sign up to become a part of our program.
    Q: How long can I use the beta software?
    A: It depends on the product being tested in beta. Typically, beta software is limited to a specific number of days before it expires.
    Q: What happens if I keep the beta software installed beyond its expiration date?
    A: Once a beta expires, you will need to either upgrade to a newer beta build or uninstall the beta and re-install a shipping software version. If you were provided with an extended, valid license key before you installed the beta build, it will still be in the system and will be recognized by the shipping software version. Occasionally, we have special programs for beta testers. Please visit the download page of the beta software that you are interested in testing for the latest information.
    Q: Can I get technical support for the beta versions of ZoneAlarm products?
    A: Please keep in mind that there is no technical support for the beta versions of ZoneAlarm. However, please visit the ZoneAlarm User Forums for support. In the forums, you will find a wealth of knowledge from users to address any concerns which you may have.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 13th, 2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bez Guest

Ok, installed beta... same problem. Reported problem to beta site. I figure the programmers will get it worked out soon. I'll keep an eye on the beta forum for update info.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Bez

Post Re: Antivirus won't update

Thank you for your Feedback..

Remember, BETA products are discussed in the BETA area of the Forum..

and Please Provide Feedback to the Developers using the BETA FEEDBACK Bug Report Form.. Click here.==> ZoneAlarm Beta Feedback Form.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information