Thread: [SOLVED] Update requires loading from admin. --> uninstall Max Spyware Defender

tims bury Guest

Default [SOLVED] Update requires loading from admin. --> uninstall Max Spyware Defender

When trying to install update ZASS 9 1 008 it removes previous version and them says it can't proceed as it's not being run from an administrator account. At a loss as to why it does this. I've installed it OK on 4 other computers (without any reference to an administrator account). On the problem machine the previous version of ZASS loads OK after being deleted.

Has anybody else come on this problem and found a solution or do I have to wait for ZA to sort things out.

Only different programmes on problem machine is Max Spyware Detector & Registry cleaner. I think I heard previously that they can cause conflicts with ZA.
    Last edited by fax; November 19th, 2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: title

bunnyfugger Guest

Default Re: Update 9 1 008 requires loading from administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by tims bury View Post
    When trying to install update ZASS 9 1 008 it removes previous version and them says it can't proceed as it's not being run from an administrator account. At a loss as to why it does this. I've installed it OK on 4 other computers (without any reference to an administrator account). On the problem machine the previous version of ZASS loads OK after being deleted.

Has anybody else come on this problem and found a solution or do I have to wait for ZA to sort things out.

Only different programmes on problem machine is Max Spyware Detector & Registry cleaner. I think I heard previously that they can cause conflicts with ZA.

Hi,

Could you please post which Operating System and version of ZASS you're currently running for more help

Thanks...

Did you use Removal Tool.If using Vista you need to right click and run as administrator.Read the following link which might help.

Also try removing any other security programs which may conflict.

I'm getting an error that says I need Admin rights.

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-4786369824598189202/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=installer%2bfailed&sf=10 1113&sg=1&st=367700&documentid=345294&action=view

I have no other suggestions other than this.If you have a current license contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 14th, 2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Typo & Paraphrase

tims bury Guest

Hi Bunnyfugger

I'm using ZASS Vesion 8.0.298.035 & Windows XP Service Pack 3

findley Guest

Hi tims bury,
    Have you tried uninstalling max spyware detector as a solution to the installation problem?
    Also, have you used this: How to Upgrade your ZoneAlarm Product
    best regards,
    Findley
    Last edited by findley; November 15th, 2009 at 04:04 AM.

tims bury Guest

Hi bunnyfugger & findley

Thanks for your responses. Problem solved by uninstalling Max Spyware Defender.

findley Guest

Hi bunnyfugger & findley

Thanks for your responses. Problem solved by uninstalling Max Spyware Defender.
    Hi tims bury,
    You are very welcome. And thanks for posting back that the problem was solved by uninstalling Max Spyware Defender. This will help other users.
    best regards,
    Findley

Thread Information