Thread: Anti-virus scanning is de-Activated.This can occur if the system clock has been set f

Hybrid View

olivermyers Guest

Default Anti-virus scanning is de-Activated.This can occur if the system clock has been set f

Im running ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 on windows XP

The UK clocks went back 1 hour and since the virus/spyware scanner is not activated and I can't fix it. The following error comes up,

Anti-virus scanning is de-Activated.This can occur if the system clock has been set forward oranti-virus updates are disabled.

The advanced options and scan buttons are greyed out. The only button I can press is to update.
    The update runs as normal and looks like its doing something but then at the end it says the update could not install.

I have the same software with same key running on 2 laptops running with windows vista that do not have the problem.

I have seen a lot of threads about this issue but nobody has come up with a solution. Does anyone have any solution to this?

olivermyers Guest

Default Re: Anti-virus scanning is de-Activated.This can occur if the system clock has been s

I have done the things listed in this thread, http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70894

I can not even get Zonealarm to activate to scan for viruses anyway

The 3 spyware scanners have come up with nothing but a couple of tracking cookies.

Zonealarm is still not working and I have removed it completely and using AVG antivirus. Unless I can come up with a solution I won't be able to use Zonealarm and it will unlikely I will ever bother with it again.

If malware is deactivating zonealarm I find this quite worrying that it can be deactivated and defeats the point of having antivirus. AVG is running without any problems.

Default Re: Anti-virus scanning is de-Activated.This can occur if the system clock has been s

Just a suggestion.Check clock.Double click to see if Auto is tick and when was the last time successfully synchronized.If not click Update Now.

I had that issue with ZASS 9.0.114.000.When into Event Viewer / System and had a Warning / Source / W32Time .The time service has not been able to synchronize...

Click Now.When back an install.Maybe it might work for you, maybe not.

Have no other suggestions to resolve your issue.

If you have a current license contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

XP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:996969888
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 12th, 2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Typo & Paraphrase

schomosport Guest

I am having a number of similar problems and again this evening. Following above advice I have checked the clock and left auto ticked but have disabled the synchronisation on the internet time field. Closed and re-started ZASS and now antivirus is running correctly again.

Several problems in recent weeks, cannot isolate them to hardware, windows update (suspect that peskyupdate to the internet sychronisation service that was rolled out recently) or ZASS version 9.0. Rolled back to ZASS 8.0 and thoughtthat might have fixed it but this evening has proved me wrong. I am also suffering repeated errors in IE and Outlook 2003, sometimes appplication crashes, sometimes whole computer shuts down and re-boots.

Never saw this internet time field before today, far from sure it is an update worth having anyway.

Regards

dryopithecus Guest

Unhappy Re: Anti-virus scanning is de-Activated.This can occur if the system clock has been s

I first got this message on 2009, Sept 25th. It's not a new problem.

Checkpoint have said they have cured the problem, now they say the problem will soon be cured.

It has been suggested that the problem may be caused by malware, but people have managed to get over it without apparently having to deep clean their computers, so it looks as though malware is not generally responsible.

It has also been suggested that it is initiated by a Windows update.

I want to know why changes in the computer clock should cause ZoneAlarm Internet Security (which is what I have) to malfunction. I can't see how Microsoft could be blamed for this if all they've done is to change the way Windows updates the clock.

Have Checkpoint included in their products some code to check changes in the computer clock? If so, could this be an attempt to catch people who wish to use the products without paying for a current licence?

I have a valid up-to-date licence, but part of the product for which I have paid isn't working. I have been short-changed, as have others in the same boat.

If (as seems likely), the problem is with Checkpoint's software, when will this be fixed?
    Last edited by dryopithecus; December 30th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.

garywa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dryopithecus View Post
    the problem is with Checkpoint's software, when will this be fixed?
    We are all USERS here - no ZA staff monitors these threads. You need to ask ZA tech support. Contact them here:

https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc...ish/Retail/3c/

Thread Information