Thread: Getting a "SonicWALL Anti-Spam Destop" splash screen when starting Outlook 2007

Rob H Guest

Default Getting a "SonicWALL Anti-Spam Destop" splash screen when starting Outlook 2007

After installing zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en I started getting this splash window. I am using the licensed version of ZA in Windows Vista.

Thumbs up Re: Getting a "SonicWALL Anti-Spam Destop" splash screen when starting Outlook 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
    After installing zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en I started getting this splash window. I am using the licensed version of ZA in Windows Vista.
    The Splash Screen is just telling you that ZoneAlarm E-mail Spam filtering is loaded when you Start Outlook 2007..

Sionic Wall is the creator of the E-mail filer that ZoneAlarm had built into ZASS and ZAES..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Rob H Guest

Default Re: Getting a "SonicWALL Anti-Spam Destop" splash screen when starting Outlook 2007

Sorry, I should have also mentioned the splash screen is telling me it's a 30 day trial of the product. This is not the same splash screen I was getting before I had to restore my PC to factory settings.

Default Re: Getting a "SonicWALL Anti-Spam Destop" splash screen when starting Outlook 2007

Sorry, I should have also mentioned the splash screen is telling me it's a 30 day trial of the product. This is not the same splash screen I was getting before I had to restore my PC to factory settings.
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Please contact Checkpoint Tech Support Live Chat directly with full details of your Computer / Windows Version and Update of ZoneAlarm..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------

If what Tech Support Suggest does not work, Please Contact Tech Support with more feedback..
    GeorgeV

Rob H Guest

This fixed the problem:

ZA: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It certainly shouldn’t be doing this. There may be a problem with the installation and I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Download the following uninstall utility to your desktop then run the tool to ensure the current installation is fully removed before reinstalling the latest version. Use the link also included below to download and install the latest version.

ZA: Uninstaller Tool:
    ZA: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe

ZA: When the download box pops up, choose Save, in the next box choose Save to Desktop.

ZA: ZoneAlarm:
    ZA: http://www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload (redownloaded zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en)

The only thing I can think of that might have cause the problem is that I installed ZA before installing Outlook.
    Last edited by fax; November 12th, 2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: ToS - Names

This fixed the problem:

ZA: I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It certainly shouldn’t be doing this. There may be a problem with the installation and I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Download the following uninstall utility to your desktop then run the tool to ensure the current installation is fully removed before reinstalling the latest version. Use the link also included below to download and install the latest version.

ZA: Uninstaller Tool:
    ZA: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe

ZA: When the download box pops up, choose Save, in the next box choose Save to Desktop.

ZA: ZoneAlarm:
    ZA: http://www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload (redownloaded zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en)

The only thing I can think of that might have cause the problem is that I installed ZA before installing Outlook.

Thank you for your Feedback..

I am Glad to hear things went well for you this time..

I have used Outlook 2007 with ZASS and ZAES for WinXP / Vista and Windows 7 with no conflict..

Please post back if you have any further problems with ZoneAlarm..
    Last edited by fax; November 12th, 2009 at 05:16 AM.
    GeorgeV

I had the same issue (somewhat) with ZASS 9.XX running on a Win7, Dual Core, 3Gig Ram laptop.

I did 5 online chats with ZA Support, sent in the diagnostic Zip files and still had to figure out the fix myself.

In my case the problem was caused when I enabled Outlook Connector, which allows me to download my Hotmail emails using Outlook 2007. I did not immediatly see the problem since Outlook 2007 is on my notebook, and I routinely check mail from my desktop, which runs Outlook 2003 without Connector.

Once I disabled this feature I no longer received the "sonic wall" error from ZASS, and the ZASS Spam filter loaded wihtout incident.

I reenabled Outlook Connector to see if the issue would return and it did.

GPSIS
    Shalom, y'all! 8-D

Yes, its a known issue posted several times here.

You can now download hotmail (free or paid) e-mails directly with outlook or any other e-mail client supporting POP accounts, no need of that c....
    See, for example, here how to set it up.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information