Thread: Unable to install, asks for Administrator account

jweller Guest

Exclamation Unable to install, asks for Administrator account

I'm trying to install the latest update -- zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe -- and the install keeps telling me I need to be an Administrator, although I am already logged in as one. How do I get this install to work?!

The system uninstalled the old version and then begins installing the Anti-virus component. It then says "You do not have access to change the requested system modifications. Please login as an Administrator". I might have mangled the wording, but that is essentially it.

findley Guest

Default Re: Unable to install, asks for Administrator account

Quote Originally Posted by jweller View Post
    I'm trying to install the latest update -- zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe -- and the install keeps telling me I need to be an Administrator, although I am already logged in as one. How do I get this install to work?!

The system uninstalled the old version and then begins installing the Anti-virus component. It then says "You do not have access to change the requested system modifications. Please login as an Administrator". I might have mangled the wording, but that is essentially it.
    Hi jweller,
    See ZoneAlarm Installation Troubleshooting
    Best regards,
    Findley

jweller Guest

Thumbs up Found a solution

Fixing an unrelated IE8 problem may have fixed this above described zonealarm problem of mine. I was having a series of IE8 problems which led me to Microsofts Mr Fixit applet and this IE 8 solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

I started wondering if my IE8 problem and solution my have some relation to my zonealarm problem so I took a long shot and decided to try to re-install zonealarm yet again and viola no more permission problem installing it.

The only other thing that changed is that I had in the interim installed AVG's free security tool for stopgap protection. I of course uninstalled that before attempting my zone alarm install again. I also re-downloaded the zonealarm software from their website. This newest download from their website had a different name although the version number of the update was the same. Maybe zonealarm made some type of change to it that made it work for my computer problem. Anyhoo, I'm now up and running. This is the second version of zonealarm where I had this permission problem, but at least it is working now.

findley Guest

Default Re: Found a solution Unable to install, asks for Administrator account

Hi jweller,

thanks for posting back your solution to Unable to install, asks for Administrator account. Glad your issue is resolved.

enjoy your day,
    Findley

Thread Information