Thread: Clean Reinstall

L615 Guest

Default Clean Reinstall

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A15-S127 laptop running Windows XP SP3 fully updated. I'm also running Avira Antivir Personal ver 9.0.0.410 and Spyware Terminator ver 2.3.0.487. I was having serious problems with long startups, strange mouse responses, and occasional long pauses in activity with IE 7.0 and other software and a helpful person from this forum suggested I do a clean uninstall and reinstall. Before reinstalling should I turn off Avira and Spyware Terminator, uninstall them too, or just install Zone Alarm Pro with them running? Is there anything else I should do while reinstalling? Any suggestions on how I can avoid the strange problems I've been having will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Clean Reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by L615 View Post
    I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A15-S127 laptop running Windows XP SP3 fully updated. I'm also running Avira Antivir Personal ver 9.0.0.410 and Spyware Terminator ver 2.3.0.487. I was having serious problems with long startups, strange mouse responses, and occasional long pauses in activity with IE 7.0 and other software and a helpful person from this forum suggested I do a clean uninstall and reinstall. Before reinstalling should I turn off Avira and Spyware Terminator, uninstall them too, or just install Zone Alarm Pro with them running? Is there anything else I should do while reinstalling? Any suggestions on how I can avoid the strange problems I've been having will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Use Search and type Toshiba Satellite laptop and will bring up related issues with the Atheros Wi-Fi Protected Setup software.Maybe you could find your issue there.

If your license is current you can contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have no other suggestions to resolve your issue.

Have a nice Day

Thread Information