Thread: adding applications as exceptions

Paula F Guest

Default adding applications as exceptions

after identifying a fault on the Lexmark printer website, the instructions were to

Open the software firewall application. 2.
    Add lxcqpswxand lxcqjswx (applications) as exceptions even if they are not showing as blocked.
    Help: If unsure how to add these exceptions, see the firewall manufacturer's end-user documentation or use the manufacturer's technical support services for assistance

I cannot find how to do this. ie to add lxcqpswxand lxcqjswx. I can browse for prigrams to add but these letters do not appear anywhere.

please can someone help????

Thumbs up Re: adding applications as exceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Paula F View Post
    after identifying a fault on the Lexmark printer website, the instructions were to

Add lxcqpswxand lxcqjswx (applications) as exceptions even if they are not showing as blocked.
    Help: If unsure how to add these exceptions, see the firewall manufacturer's end-user documentation or use the manufacturer's technical support services for assistance

I cannot find how to do this. ie to add lxcqpswxand lxcqjswx. I can browse for prigrams to add but these letters do not appear anywhere.

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem,

PLEASE DO NOT Post DUPLICATED POST all over the Forum..

ALL DULICATE POST Will be Deleted without notice..

Please Choose the most Apropriet Topic and Post ONLY one Post for each Different problem..

2.) It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/Windows OS Version and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: adding applications as exceptions

Quote Originally Posted by Paula F View Post

1.) Generally, the ZA Solution to most Printer Problems is to make sure that all Printer Related programs/Drivers etc.. are Granted Trusted Access permision in ZA Program Control, Program page..

2.) If your using the ZAFree version, There is no Free Manuacture Tech Support for the Free Version, Plus the Free Version is just the Basic Firewall with limited configuration options..

3.) if you have a Paid Version with Anti-Virus check the AV/AS main page
    Click Advance button, the Click on the Exception option..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information