Thread: Reinstalling FF with ZASS

katiebuglove Guest

Default Reinstalling FF with ZASS

I had a problem with FF so I got a refund on my renewal while I figured it out. Then had a system crash (related or not?) and completely uninstalled/reinstalled my OS. Now that I have reinstalled ZASS which upgraded to the latest version, I see the ZoneAlarm toolbar in IE8. It's very similar to FF (without everything working of course--you have to buy.) My question is, if I repurchase FF, will it be redundant? I mean, do I click on the links in ZASS toolbar to purchase and have full functionality that I would have with FF or do I purchase FF separately?

tradehound Guest

Default Re: Reinstalling FF with ZASS

Quote Originally Posted by katiebuglove View Post
    ... if I repurchase FF, will it be redundant? I mean, do I click on the links in ZASS toolbar to purchase and have full functionality that I would have with FF or do I purchase FF separately?
    I think you get some of the features of FF, but you have to buy FF (or the ZA Extreme version) to get the "Private Browser".

From your browser, click ZoneAlarm, Settings, Advanced: "Virtualization" is probably disabled. That is the Private Browser (I think). If you click to enable, it will send you to a link to buy it.

I did this, but I had already purchased FF. So I just re-installed FF and it works like it used to.

Hope this helps

katiebuglove Guest

Default Re: Reinstalling FF with ZASS

Thanks for the info, that was exactly what I was looking for. I re-purchased and installed and it is working the way it always had. I feel so much better (safer!) now. Thanks again!!

Thread Information