Thread: Forcefield: Is there trial version?

critterjoe Guest

Default Forcefield: Is there trial version?

How do you download a trial version of Forcefield? By surfing the ZoneAlarm website, I finally found a small link that says "try it now", but it only takes one back to a general products page. Forcefield is not listed on the "Free Downloads" page --only Trial Versions for ZASS and ZAES. Is there a trial version of Forcefield?

Default Re: Forcefield: Is there trial version?

Quote Originally Posted by critterjoe View Post
    How do you download a trial version of Forcefield? By surfing the ZoneAlarm website, I finally found a small link that says "try it now", but it only takes one back to a general products page. Forcefield is not listed on the "Free Downloads" page --only Trial Versions for ZASS and ZAES. Is there a trial version of Forcefield?

All ZoneAlarm software have 15 day trial.When it ask you for license just select 15 day trial.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 12th, 2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Typo

critterjoe Guest

However, in order to do that you first have to download the installer file, which I have been unable to find. I guess I should have asked: how do you download the installer file without paying first? The only method I've found on the ZoneAlarm site is to purchase through the shopping cart method. I can't find the page to download the installer file to run first as a trial version. Can you please provide a link to the page where one can download the Forcefield file without going through the shopping cart?

Thanks!

However, in order to do that you first have to download the installer file, which I have been unable to find. I guess I should have asked: how do you download the installer file without paying first? The only method I've found on the ZoneAlarm site is to purchase through the shopping cart method. I can't find the page to download the installer file to run first as a trial version. Can you please provide a link to the page where one can download the Forcefield file without going through the shopping cart?

Thanks!

Read the post carefully.The link is there for ForceField (standalone).You will have to uninstall after 15 day trial.

Can't be more plainer.All ZoneAlarm products have 15 day trial.Download from the link I gave you.

BTW : I see from other post that you're running ZAES 9.1.008.Hope you're not thinking of installing over ZAES.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 12th, 2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Typo Added other Info

critterjoe Guest

Thanks, I guess I was blind.

No, I'm not going to install it on a machine with ZAES. I want to see how it interacts with other security products on another installation. My main concern is that standalone Forcefield doesn't update fast enough to keep up with all the updates in Firefox which happens about every 4-6 weeks (sometimes more frequently) while standalone Forcefield rarely updates The last was in April for the standalone version, although I know one is scheduled in a few weeks. But in the meantime, as you know, there are some issues of how it reacts with the latest couple versions of Firefox, so I wouldn't want to be in a position of always having to delay security updates of Firefox while waiting on Forcefield. Thanks again.

Thanks, I guess I was blind.

No, I'm not going to install it on a machine with ZAES. I want to see how it interacts with other security products on another installation. My main concern is that standalone Forcefield doesn't update fast enough to keep up with all the updates in Firefox which happens about every 4-6 weeks (sometimes more frequently) while standalone Forcefield rarely updates The last was in April for the standalone version, although I know one is scheduled in a few weeks. But in the meantime, as you know, there are some issues of how it reacts with the latest couple versions of Firefox, so I wouldn't want to be in a position of always having to delay security updates of Firefox while waiting on Forcefield. Thanks again.
    Yes, that's why I'm still with Firefox/3.0.15.

Btw : glad you reported to tech support also on On-demand Scanning.

You're most welcome critterjoe

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 12th, 2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Paraphrase & typo

Thread Information