Thread: Latest Update blocks Windows Update plus

edbett Guest

Default Latest Update blocks Windows Update plus

Two serious issues started just after installation of latest release of Zone Alarm Security Suite 9.1.008.000. Both have been confirmed as a Zone Alarm problem by removal and reinstallation of program.

First, the Windows Module Installer service repeatedly starts and stops, making Windows Update impossible.

Second, I have Acrobat 8 Pro installed and the Acrobat Print routine and the create PDF from a document no longer work.

Both of these issues have been discussed thoroughly with both Microsoft and Adobe. A clean boot solves both problems.

After removal of Zone Alarm, both Windows update and Acrobat work as intended. Reinstallation of Zone Alarm causes the bad behavior to reappear. Shutting down Zone Alarm is NOT sufficient to eliminate the problem.

Please, can you issue a fix for these problems, or should I go back to using the older version?

Ed

Default Re: Latest Update blocks Windows Update plus

Quote Originally Posted by edbett View Post
    Please, can you issue a fix for these problems, or should I go back to using the older version? Ed
    Hi!
    please report to ZA technical support. What you describe (windows installer errors) can happen if you have altered the ZA default settings. For example, by changing the ZA program control advanced settings (e.g. time attack).

What I can suggest you is to fully remove ZA, including any left over or settings and install ZA without touching the defaults or importing any ZA backup. Report to ZA official support meanwhile.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 15th, 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information