Thread: Program Control

neils Guest

Default Program Control

I installed 9.1.008.000 last night. I had multiple post installation issues and the below, I hope, is the last one.

I load HP LaserJet Director for my HP LaserJet all In one. This is not a MS Windows driver, but rather a soft ware suite from HP written for the printer, fax, scanner, etc. Program Control has most of the necessary entires however, HPPAVDXO.exe /H /PO doesn't load and times out. In Program Control, I have added HPPAVDXO.EXE many times but I can not find it in the list to change the option to Super Trusted, etc.. I have set the other HP LaserJet Director entires to super trusted.

Any idea on what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks....

Neil

neils Guest

Default Re: Program Control

Subscribing to this Thread.

Thanks...

critterjoe Guest

Hi:

When you manually add a program (.exe) file to ZA's program list, you might not notice it is there when it actually can be. The program list uses the actual program names instead of the .exe file. So alphabetically instead of see HPPAVDXO, it's actual name may not start with an H and could be in a different part of the list than your other Hewlett Packard entries. Are you saying you scrolled through the whole list, and it is not present by common name either?

neils Guest

You were correct. I found it under a different name. It still fails to load. The process times out. I have given it access as Super Trusted. Any ideas on what I can do to get it working with 9.1?

Thanks...

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neils View Post
    You were correct. I found it under a different name. It still fails to load. The process times out. I have given it access as Super Trusted. Any ideas on what I can do to get it working with 9.1?

Thanks...

Neil

What model LaserJet.Is it integrated 10/100 Ethernet/Fast Ethernet networking or just Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.

If networking you might have to add the ethernet IP Address to Firewall / Zones as trusted.Do ipconfig /all if networking printer.

You don't provide much information.Have you tried HP Support.Have you read your Documentation / Help carefully.

Have no other suggestions other than this to resolve your issue.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 14th, 2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Typo

neils Guest

It is a LaserJet 3030 All in One Multifunction Printer. The VDI process times out. The printer is connected via USB. This software has worked fine for years. It worked fine with 7.0.483. Now it fails with the only change being 9.1.008. So, it is a ZA problem.

Any ideas?

It is a LaserJet 3030 All in One Multifunction Printer. The VDI process times out. The printer is connected via USB. This software has worked fine for years. It worked fine with 7.0.483. Now it fails with the only change being 9.1.008. So, it is a ZA problem.

Any ideas?
    I have no other suggestion.I guess your only options are HP Support or HP Support Forum.

Forum at this link : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

If you have a current license.You can contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Good Luck and Have a nice Day

neils Guest

Why HP Support? This software is antiquated. It works fine with ZASS 7.0.483 but times out on 9.1.008.000. It is not a HP issue. It is a Zone Alarm issue. When I removed 9.1, the software loaded up fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

Neil

Why HP Support? This software is antiquated. It works fine with ZASS 7.0.483 but times out on 9.1.008.000. It is not a HP issue. It is a Zone Alarm issue. When I removed 9.1, the software loaded up fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

Neil

Well if nobody has an answer is because they have no idea how to fix your issue.Time to do Live Chat.

If you have a current license.You can contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 14th, 2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added link

Thread Information