Thread: Free version for Windows 7

GeorgeVI Guest

Default Free version for Windows 7

For many years I have used the excellent free version of zonealarm with XP.

When I recently got a Windows 7 laptop one of the first things I did was to download ZA free.

However, it doesn't seem to install properly. It does install, however, it just doesn't complete, there is an error in the installation.

Now, if ZA is not compatible with Windows 7 I'm convinced they would have said something on the download page, or even installed an OS checker in the installation file. This would bring up a pop up saying something like 'Your OS is not supported at this time'.

The fact that neither of these basic pieces of information exist leads me to suspect that ZA free is compatible with Win 7, it's just that I'm doing something wrong. Please let me know how to complete the install.

Thanks for your assistance on this matter.

Default Re: Free version for Windows 7

Hi!
    this has been posted many many times before. For example here:
    http://www.zaforums-stg.com/showthread.php?t=71824 .

Please search the board before posting. There is a search drop down menu on the blue banner. Report directly to ZA customer support that ZA 8 is not windows 7 compatible. Link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

GeorgeVI Guest

Thank you fax for that link.

I noticed a user had stated "Just a Note for Future Reference..Any software that does not Specificly State that "IT IS compatible" with Windows 7, probably is NOT compatible with Windows 7"

I have not experienced this incompatibility issue. In the last hour I've installed 8 applications successfully to Windows 7, none of which "
    Specificly [sic] State" their compatibility. So my experience runs against that advice.

I am interested to read that
    ONLY ZoneAlarm 9.1.008.000 is Compatible with Windows 7.

I would like to know the source of this assertion. I gather from the ToS that you are all volunteers here, and are not ZA employees. In which case you won't have privileged information as to version compatibility. So please tell me how it is known that only 9.1.008.000 is the only one that works?

I will contact customer service because I believe they should tell users before attempting an install that it will not work. Thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeVI View Post
    I will contact customer service because I believe they should tell users before attempting an install that it will not work. Thank you for your time
    You're welcome!

Fax

GeorgeVI Guest

To be honest I'm surprised other users haven't complained about this already.

Am I right in thinking that if I express opinion on this forum my post/account will be deleted? I just want to clarify what can and can't be said so that I can stay within the forum terms.

Thanks for your input.

Hello,
    as I already mentioned this has been posted many times before. We are all users here, no ZA staff. Please report directly to them.

Thanks,
    Fax

GeorgeVI Guest

OK I understand, so you're volunteers.

So I'm wondering how the poster on the other forum is able to state that "ONLY ZoneAlarm 9.1.008.000 is Compatible with Windows 7"

Because if there are no official ZoneAlarm staff on here, how can the above fact be known? Is he or she a reliable source of information?

It's just that I've always been taught to question what I learn, so I need to know for sure that the assumed facts about windows 7 compatibility are genuine, and not made up. Thank you in advance for clarifying.

Is he or she a reliable source of information?
    Yes, he is. The information is correct.
    Again report to support that they should display different messages. We have no control on website or information.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 14th, 2009 at 02:32 AM.

This basically means you agree with me that the website is unclear and unhelpful.
    Not really, to me is really obvious ZA 8 cannot run on windows 7. But I guess we are all not the same in this world and I have thus suggested to contact ZA support and request for a clearer statement. More complaints they get more likely they will take your suggestion into account.

Cheers,
    Fax

Of course ZA free currently supports windows 7... like its real the golden OSCAR I have on my desk

Fax

Thread Information