Thread: ForceField

gnovacek Guest

Default ForceField

I've been using ZoneAlarm for many years. The latest update has gotten rid of the privacy settings - I very much liked the ability to control what some websites could do to me, to completely block some sites such as "clickster" and to have the many areas, such as the recycle bin, cookies and history cleared automatically every day. All that is gone now.
    Then there is the ForceField which I have no idea what it is supposed to do except scan downloaded files - which is a nuisance. It cannot be disabled from showing on the Explorer and there is no need to see it. There is no help file, nor can I find something on this website to explain it. It also installed a ForceField Shared Files folder in My Documents. Nothing has ever been stored there, when I delete it it shows up automatically again.
    Overall, I don't think this has been a worthwhile update. I considered ZoneAlarm to be the best protection ever, have one year left in my license and if by then ZoneAlarm doesn't reinstate those good features, I'll be looking elsewhere.

George

Default Re: ForceField

Quote Originally Posted by gnovacek View Post
    I've been using ZoneAlarm for many years. The latest update has gotten rid of the privacy settings - I very much liked the ability to control what some websites could do to me, to completely block some sites such as "clickster" and to have the many areas, such as the recycle bin, cookies and history cleared automatically every day. All that is gone now.
    Then there is the ForceField which I have no idea what it is supposed to do except scan downloaded files - which is a nuisance. It cannot be disabled from showing on the Explorer and there is no need to see it. There is no help file, nor can I find something on this website to explain it. It also installed a ForceField Shared Files folder in My Documents. Nothing has ever been stored there, when I delete it it shows up automatically again.
    Overall, I don't think this has been a worthwhile update. I considered ZoneAlarm to be the best protection ever, have one year left in my license and if by then ZoneAlarm doesn't reinstate those good features, I'll be looking elsewhere.

George

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number

1.) there are no plans for Restoring the Privacy feature..

Note: To streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have been removed with this release.

2.) If you have installed any Paid Version of ZA 9.1 with Anti-Virus, other than ZA Extreme, you can Un-Check the Forcefield Toolbar options durring the Install process..

3.) as a Licensed User you can Contact Checkpoint Tech Support Directly by Clicking on the Support Link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gnovacek Guest

Thanks for your answer. Not a very encouraging one, though. My Outlook 2007 does take care of email attachments, but IE7 has almost no protection to replace the ZA Privacy. I tried IE8 and uninstalled it after several days. Maybe Firefox is the right way to go.
    ForceField is a pain, so I took it off. The changes in Version 9 are made much more frustrating because nobody bothered to include a short file describing them. At any rate, I've been using ZA for over 10 years. ZoneAlarm people should be congratulated for having killed the goose which laid the golden egg. I still have 10 months left on my license and will use it to investigate alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by gnovacek View Post
    Maybe Firefox is the right way to go.
    ForceField is a pain, so I took it off.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000 and ForceField Version 1.3.153.0 (standalone) using Firefox/3.0.15.

I use the following Add-ons without any issues :

Adblock Plus 1.1.1
    BetterPrivacy 1.29
    ForceField Toolbar 1.3.153.0 (standalone)
    NoScript 1.9.9.15

Have been using ZASS since Sept 26 2004 5.1 Branch according to old account history.IMHO my current browser and Add-ons setup is far more superior then using old ZASS Privacy settings.

Now just waiting for standalone to be updated and 3.5.5 issues resolve.Hopefully before the end of the year.

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.0.15
    ForceField Version 1.3.153.0 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997288352
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 17th, 2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added Firefox version

Thread Information