Thread: SonicWall add-in

jimhaynes Guest

Default SonicWall add-in

I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. Several months ago I unchecked SonicWall in the Outlook Com Add-ins section as I thought it was causing a problem. I would like to again try SonicWall, however after checking the SonicWall Com Add-ins box and hitting the Apply button, then OK, the check in the Com Add-ins does not hold and SonicWall will not start with Outlook. In ZA I have Inbound and Outbound MailSafe On, and Junk Email Filter On.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: SonicWall add-in

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jimhaynes wrote:
    I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. Several months ago I unchecked SonicWall in the Outlook Com Add-ins section as I thought it was causing a problem. I would like to again try SonicWall, however after checking the SonicWall Com Add-ins box and hitting the Apply button, then OK, the check in the Com Add-ins does not hold and SonicWall will not start with Outlook. In ZA I have Inbound and Outbound MailSafe On, and Junk Email Filter On.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is what works for me..1.) Shut down Outlook..2.) Bring up ZASS Control Center and Click E-MailmProtection.. Main Tab..3.) make sure that All three Options are "ON"4.) If the Third option "Junk E-Mail Filter is ON", then Turn it OFF, waits 30 seconds, then Turn Junk E-Mail Filter back ON...now shut dows ZASS Control Center page..5.) Restart Outlook...Does the Sonic Popup display when Outlook starts?--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:988180663
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6185
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jimhaynes Guest

<blockquote><hr>GeorgeV wrote:

<blockquote>

<hr>
    jimhaynes wrote:

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr>
    </blockquote>
    Here is what works for me..
    1.) Shut down Outlook..
    2.) Bring up ZASS Control Center and Click E-MailmProtection.. Main Tab..
    3.) make sure that All three Options are &quot;ON&quot;
    4.) If the Third option &quot;Junk E-Mail Filter is ON&quot;, then Turn it OFF, waits
    30 seconds, then Turn Junk E-Mail Filter back ON...
    now shut dows ZASS Control Center page..
    5.) Restart Outlook...
    Does the
    Sonic Popup display when Outlook starts?
    <hr></blockquote>

I tried these step but the check in the Add-ins box will not hold and the Sonic Popup does not display.

Plan-B a sure fire way to Re-install it..You will have to Uninstall ZASS and Re-install it to Re-install the Sonic Wall and Reset the in-in error..A.) Shut down Outlook..B.) in ZASS go to Overview Preferences Click on Backup to save your ZASS Setting..C.) The simplest procedure is to :1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeSave to desktop, right click and "run as administrator"This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions.
    (you can un-install without net connections)5.) Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXSdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...==============================Please Post back with your progress Report..
    GeorgeV

jimhaynes Guest

I followed these steps to the letter unfortunately, no joy, the problem still exists.

jimhaynes Guest

I am still cannot get Mail Fontier/Sonic Wall to load when I start Outlook 2003. I have recently upgraded (first uninstalled ZA Clean) to ZASS 9.0. SonicWall loads on two of my computeres but not my main desktop.
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.0.083.000
    TrueVector version:9.0.083.000
    Driver version:9.0.083.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.1.33
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:992495328
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2083

terry2000 Guest

Cool Re: SonicWall add-in

In Outlook click on Help then About then Disabled Addins- Unfortunately I still get an error when I start Outlook back up. Been trying to get it to work for 3 days now. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by terry2000 View Post
    In Outlook click on Help then About then Disabled Addins- Unfortunately I still get an error when I start Outlook back up. Been trying to get it to work for 3 days now. Good Luck

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number .

2.) and what Version of Outlook? 2002? 2003? 2007?

3.) You can contact Checkpoint Support Directly with full Details of your problem by clicking on Support link in my Signature..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV

Thread Information