Thread: Scheduled updates and scans do not occur

scratch Guest

Default Scheduled updates and scans do not occur

Using ZAISS 9.x. The scheduled activity worked fine with version 8.x. Nothing has changed on my laptop. What changed in v9.x that might cause this issue? Is it now dependent on a service now? I ask this because my services are at a minimum to optimize speed. Or is it a bug?

Manual updates and scans work fine. I used the removal tool, Reg Mechanic and Reg Clean were run. Reinstalled 9.x, still the scheduled activity doesn't execute.

I don't like the fact I can't schedule AV and spyware seperately like in v8.x I guess they combined the two to reduce lines of code, make it run faster.
    I noticed with the new install they added a 30 minute option for updates and removed the moving bar thing during scans.

XP SP3, 2GB RAM 50GB Free HD space, all apps & drivers current. No other issues.

Thanks in advance for your input.

mm
    Last edited by scratch; November 18th, 2009 at 02:50 AM.

azu Guest

Default Re: Scheduled updates and scans do not occur

I am having same problem and wonder about a solution. I use Windows XP Professional. I have to do manual updates and scans eventhough they are set to automatically perform these tasks. No problems until I updated to new version.

scratch Guest

I used the removal tool and resintalled using a fresh download from ZA. Scheduling problem was resolved.

But now I have a problem with ZAISS giving me the New Network Found screen.

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scratch View Post
    I used the removal tool and resintalled using a fresh download from ZA. Scheduling problem was resolved.

But now I have a problem with ZAISS giving me the New Network Found screen.
    Hi scratch,
    Have you seen [SOLVED] Always same network found as "New" network
    best regards and enjoy the weekend,
    Findley

kmzauser Guest

I too have the same problem with auto updates. Scratch, you said that your problem was solved by uninstall and reinstall. How do I get the software for reinstall? I do not have a CD. I have ZA extreme security 9.0. Windows XP, Firefox.

garywa Guest

You don't need a CD. You can download any of the ZA products and install them as long as you already have a valid license. A valid license will be remembered even after you uninstall your current ZA.

Here is a link to a post GeorgeV made which gives you all the download links. I would also suggest you download and run the ZA Removal Tool to ensure a clean uninstall & reinstall.

Just follow the step by step directions in his post:

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...298#post271298

Post back with your results or with any other questions you may have.

Good luck!

kmzauser Guest

Thanks a lot, garywa. I uninstalled and reinstalled ZAXS using GeorgeV's instructions. It is working fine. Again thanks for your help.

garywa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmzauser View Post
    Thanks a lot, garywa. I uninstalled and reinstalled ZAXS using GeorgeV's instructions. It is working fine. Again thanks for your help.
    Great! Glad that worked for you.

Thread Information