Thread: vsmon.exe cpu usage

rrhandle Guest

Default vsmon.exe cpu usage

Every day, vsmon start consuming so much of me cpu, that the computer becomes unusable. I have to leave it sit for about 30 minutes. I just discovered it is connected to vsmon. I have been through a number of ZoneAlarm versions over the years, and now have the latest version, but the problem continues. I found a lot of other people complaining about this on the internet, but no solutions other than reinstall. I already tried that; didn't work.

Is there a fix, or is this just the way ZoneAlarm is? I'm a software developer, and missing that 30 minutes a day, and having to reboot is just too much. I just paid for the latest version, but if this is the way ZoneAlarm works, then I need to find a more friendly program for protection.

bunnyfugger Guest

Default Re: vsmon.exe cpu usage

Quote Originally Posted by rrhandle View Post
    Every day, vsmon start consuming so much of me cpu, that the computer becomes unusable. I have to leave it sit for about 30 minutes. I just discovered it is connected to vsmon. I have been through a number of ZoneAlarm versions over the years, and now have the latest version, but the problem continues. I found a lot of other people complaining about this on the internet, but no solutions other than reinstall. I already tried that; didn't work.

Is there a fix, or is this just the way ZoneAlarm is? I'm a software developer, and missing that 30 minutes a day, and having to reboot is just too much. I just paid for the latest version, but if this is the way ZoneAlarm works, then I need to find a more friendly program for protection.

Hi,

Could you please post which ZA product you're using, which OS and is it fully patched, and whether you have any other security software running in parallel with ZA. This information may help to solve your problem more quickly.

Thanks.....

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997357248
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Thread Information