Thread: Cache Cleaner; Mail Safe

Threaded View

KsTinMan Guest

Default Cache Cleaner; Mail Safe

OK, This issue has been covered and closed many times, but I don't have a question. I have a suggestion. Put Cache Cleaner and Incoming Mail Safe back into ZA.

Steve Gibson of Gibson Research Corporation (http://www.grc.com/) is the reason I began using ZoneAlarm. He highly recommended ZoneAlarm version 2.1 long ago, and he praises ZA repeatedly in numerous interviews. Check out his site if you have the time. Very smart man.

I get it... you are trying to improve your product, as you should. I appreciate the reduced scan time by combining virus and spyware scans. I understand your logic in removing the Privacy selection. Many web pages won't load without turning off the Cookie and Pop-up Blocker slider switches and allowing script to run. Going in the right direction so far.

However, I think I speak for many users when I say that the Cache Cleaner and Incoming Mail Safe are two modules we want in ZoneAlarm as a product. I use them every day on my other 2 computers. I'm hesitant to upgrade them to version 9 now. The boss already said she doesn't want it installed on her computer. Call it a security blanket. Call me paranoid. Call me a repeat customer. I want those 2 functions back. Is there any chance that Check Point will reconsider this decision and put these modules back into ZAISS and other ZA products?

I have been using ZoneAlarm for more years than I can remember. I've been recommending it to all of the users that I know (even hesitant gamers) for years, but it may be time to switch to something else. I am personally responsible for 8 computers having ZAISS installed. Not a landslide by any means, but everyone asks me each year if they should renew. In the past the answer has always been a resounding YES. You used to be #1 in my opinion... I may not recommend it next year if these 2 features are not reincorporated. At the least I'm going to do some further research into comparing the latest firewall technology now available.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 9.1.008.000
    TrueVector security engine version 9.1.008.000
    Driver version 9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware engine version 8.0.2.42, DAT file version 997352960
    AntiSpam version 6.0.0.2383

Windows XP Home SP3
    Intel T2400 @ 1.83GHz; X86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
    RAM: 2 GB

Thanks for your support!
    Last edited by KsTinMan; November 18th, 2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: missing apostrophy

Thread Information