Thread: Install deep scan showed two infections then crashed, now...

Hybrid View

n2God Guest

Cool Install deep scan showed two infections then crashed, now...

Dell Inspiron 1525 Windows Vista Version 6 SP2 32bit

During installation ZA did a deep scan. It had already found two infections before it crashed. I had to bring the machine "down dirty" and fire it back up. When I got logged back on there was no evidence that ZA took care of the two infections -- nothing in the vault, and ZA didn't detect anymore infections. How do I know the crash wasn't the infection doing something to ZA to stop its detection?
    Last edited by n2God; November 19th, 2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe

bunnyfugger Guest

Default Re: Install deep scan showed two infections then crashed, now...

Quote Originally Posted by n2God View Post
    Dell Inspiron 1525 Windows Vista Version 6 SP2 32bit

During installation ZA did a deep scan. It had already found two infections before it crashed. I had to bring the machine "down dirty" and fire it back up. When I got logged back on there was no evidence that ZA took care of the two infections -- nothing in the vault, and ZA didn't detect anymore infections. How do I know the crash wasn't the infection doing something to ZA to stop its detection?

Hi n2god,

Best way forward would be a scan with MalwareBytes using current definitions file, uninstall failed ZA, and perform a clean reinstall. Please report back when done.

Hope this helps....

Thread Information