Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

  1. #1
    KCR Guest

    Default Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    I just installed the latest ZA Internet Security update v 9 with force field integration. I notice that the Privacy feature is no longer there? I assume because Force Field is integrated?
    I installed the ForceField toolbar & when I open Firefox v 2.0.0.20 there's no toolbar, just a big space at the bottom of every browser's page??

    I've tried to upgrade to Firefox 3 & when I do my keyboard only activates shortcuts & I cannot type anything??

    Can someone please help me.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    17,290

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    Hi!
    try to reset Firefox (as suggested here) and try again, may be you will need to reinstalling ZA once you have fully reset firefox. Also note that that latest firefox 3.5.5 seems to have issues with ZA and a fix is in the works.

    Try the latest ZA 3.0.15, do not add any firefox addons up to when you see FF is working as it should.

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

    ForceField will not replace ZA privacy control. You can use instead the directly firefox to manage cookies and free add-on like adblocking to stop ads.

    If all above fails then check with ZA support directly. Link in my signature.

    Cheers,
    Fax

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    tradehound Guest

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    Quote Originally Posted by KCR View Post
    I just installed the latest ZA Internet Security update v 9 with force field integration. I notice that the Privacy feature is no longer there? I assume because Force Field is integrated? ...
    I don't know anything about FireFox, I use IE8. But I also just upgraded to ZA 9. I used the free upgrade (I had another year left). I also thought that my Force Field was "integrated" but then from the ZA toolbar in IE8 I clicked ZoneAlarm, Settings, Advanced: Notice that "Virtualization" isn't available. This must be the "private browser". It tries to get me to buy another FF or buy more upgrading.

    I guess I need to re-install FF?

  4. #4
    tradehound Guest

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tradehound View Post
    ... I guess I need to re-install FF?
    I re-installed ForceField and it looks like it is working.

    But it's kind of crappy that it un-installed my FF without telling me and then tries to get me to buy it when I click on the "Virtualization" thing.
    And crappy that these upgrades aren't included in my free upgrades that I'm supposed to get when I pay for a two year, all inclusive, super duper, Internet security suite...

    (I know this is just a forum of users (not ZA tech sup), I'm just seeing if anyone feels the same as me )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tradehound View Post
    I don't know anything about FireFox, I use IE8. But I also just upgraded to ZA 9. I used the free upgrade (I had another year left). I also thought that my Force Field was "integrated" but then from the ZA toolbar in IE8 I clicked ZoneAlarm, Settings, Advanced: Notice that "Virtualization" isn't available. This must be the "private browser". It tries to get me to buy another FF or buy more upgrading.

    I guess I need to re-install FF?

    If you have current license for ForceField Version 1.3.153.0 (standalone).Install it over the top and you should have fully functional ForeField.

    Have a nice Day

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    Quote Originally Posted by tradehound View Post
    I re-installed ForceField and it looks like it is working.

    But it's kind of crappy that it un-installed my FF without telling me and then tries to get me to buy it when I click on the "Virtualization" thing.
    And crappy that these upgrades aren't included in my free upgrades that I'm supposed to get when I pay for a two year, all inclusive, super duper, Internet security suite...

    (I know this is just a forum of users (not ZA tech sup), I'm just seeing if anyone feels the same as me )
    If you use ForceField (standalone) you need to install 9.1 with the limited ForceField toolbar.Then install standalone over the top.

    XP SP3
    Firefox/3.0.15
    ForceField Version 1.3.153.0 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:996947744
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

    Have a nice Day

  7. #7
    shotei Guest

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    I had stand alone forcefield a few years ago but it blocked everything so I had to uninstall it. Now I've upgraded to ZA ver.9,1 and it's loading forcefield.exe and using from 3 to 12 megs of memory and I have no forcefield on my computer. Anybody know how to get rid of this? Unless forcefield has changed ALOT I don't want it thats why I haven't upgraded to ZA Extreme.
    ex pro sp 3
    ie 8 and crome

  8. #8
    gnovacek Guest

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    I think with this upgrade they have destroyed a reliable, well functioning protection. I'm not at all impressed with it.

  9. #9
    DavidBell Guest

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    I updated ZoneAlarm Pro to 9.1. Once installed, Force Field disappeared from the system tray and from the list of programs, but appeared still to be running, but the Force Field taskbar disappeared. I re-installed Force Field to try to overcome this and now the ZoneAlarm icon disappeared from the system tray! However, it was still in the list of programs. On opening it from there it initalised and, after a restart, reappeared in the system tray. There is no reference to any of this in the instructions for update as far as I can see, yet we all seem to be having problems of this sort.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: Force Field & ZoneAlarm v 9

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBell View Post
    I updated ZoneAlarm Pro to 9.1. Once installed, Force Field disappeared from the system tray and from the list of programs, but appeared still to be running, but the Force Field taskbar disappeared. I re-installed Force Field to try to overcome this and now the ZoneAlarm icon disappeared from the system tray! However, it was still in the list of programs. On opening it from there it initalised and, after a restart, reappeared in the system tray. There is no reference to any of this in the instructions for update as far as I can see, yet we all seem to be having problems of this sort.

    This works for me.

    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...028#post270028

    Have a nice Day

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •