Thread: protecting from network admin

Hybrid View

ravens 2010 Guest

Default protecting from network admin

hi,

i'm in an unusual work environment. the new network admin has been putting down keylogging software on the two machines I work with. I installed a popular anti-spyware application on both and it was successful against this intrusion for a few days. However, the network admin is now blocking access to the anti-spyware's server, so it won't perform updates. The software is now useless.

what can a person to protect against a network admin like this? I am hoping someone out there can help me. I remember when the usa was a free country, and it makes me very sad to see people doing stuff like this.

thanks.

Default Re: protecting from network admin

Quote Originally Posted by ravens 2010 View Post
    hi,

i'm in an unusual work environment. the new network admin has been putting down keylogging software on the two machines I work with. I installed a popular anti-spyware application on both and it was successful against this intrusion for a few days. However, the network admin is now blocking access to the anti-spyware's server, so it won't perform updates. The software is now useless.

what can a person to protect against a network admin like this? I am hoping someone out there can help me. I remember when the usa was a free country, and it makes me very sad to see people doing stuff like this.

thanks.

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number .
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ravens 2010 Guest

hi George,

i haven't bought Zone Alarm yet. if this is a forum only for people who have purchased it i'm in the wrong place.

does Zone Alarm require a user to go out on the internet and check for daily updates? if so, is it possible to get updates on one PC and copy them to another PC?

thanks.
    Last edited by ravens 2010; November 20th, 2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: mispell

is it possible to get updates on one PC and copy them to another PC?

thanks.
    Hi!
    no, as far as I know it is not possible

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

ravens 2010 Guest

thanks, fax. I assume you're saying that ZoneAlarm has to regularly connect to a server to perform updates to function.

maybe this is something for the engineers to consider? If I could get file updates on a PC that is allowed to connect to the ZoneAlarm update server, and copy them to a machine that is disabled from reaching it by a firewall rule, then I would be truly secure. Unfortunately, ZoneAlarm requires the cooperation of the person who manages the firewall for security to happen.

thanks.

thanks, fax. I assume you're saying that ZoneAlarm has to regularly connect to a server to perform updates to function.

maybe this is something for the engineers to consider? If I could get file updates on a PC that is allowed to connect to the ZoneAlarm update server, and copy them to a machine that is disabled from reaching it by a firewall rule, then I would be truly secure. Unfortunately, ZoneAlarm requires the cooperation of the person who manages the firewall for security to happen.

thanks.
    Maybe do not understand your request?

But, I think what your looking for is Security Software that will operate on a Server Network?

ZoneAlarm products are intended for Individual Computers that have Direct access to the Internet or connected Via A LAN Router and not a Server computer..

Checkpoint does provide Enterprise Security software but that is Different than ZoneAlarm..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information