Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

Default New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

Downloaded ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone) install over the top of 1.3.153.0.No issues.

Exit ( Turn Off ) ForceField and loaded up Firefox.Check for update and installed 3.5.5, Exit Firefox and loaded ForceField and Clear virtual data.No issues.

Did a short trial run for most common issues.When to my bank site.The Site Status shows site has a valid SSL certificate signed by trusted certification authority.No issues with Add-ons and Plugins.When to download utility program from from a safe site.No problem downloading file.Looks good so far.Will post if any issues come into play.

XP SP3
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
    ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997501568
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 20th, 2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added new Firefox Version & Typo

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

With ZAES, my version number for ForceField is 1.5.53.4, which it has been for some time. A post by Forum Moderator said an update had been delivered from servers to ZAES. Does anyone know if it is now OK to upgrade Firefox to 3.5.5 with the ZAES ForceField version of 1.5.53.4? Or is the Forum Moderator referring to another version that I have not received through the update channel yet that should be forthcoming? i.e., should ZAES wait until the ForceField version says 1.5.53.49 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by critterjoe View Post
    With ZAES, my version number for ForceField is 1.5.53.4, which it has been for some time. A post by Forum Moderator said an update had been delivered from servers to ZAES. Does anyone know if it is now OK to upgrade Firefox to 3.5.5 with the ZAES ForceField version of 1.5.53.4? Or is the Forum Moderator referring to another version that I have not received through the update channel yet that should be forthcoming? i.e., should ZAES wait until the ForceField version says 1.5.53.49 as well?

critterjoe, If you read this carefully.

We have just released a new version of the standalone version of ForceField 1.5.53.49 that is now compatible with FireFox 3.5.5

NOTE: Users of Extreme with the built in version of ForceField should not download this because its not compatible with the built in version.

" Your update has already been delivered silently in an update that already went out." That update only applies to XP users.

So if you use " Extreme " you got the green light to install 3.5.5.You don't need to download nothing.Just don't forget to Turn OFF ForceField in ZAES to download and install Firefox 3.5.5 .Once install close Firefox and Turn ON ForceField and Clear virtual data.You're good to go.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 20th, 2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Typo

critterjoe Guest

Thanks. I understand about the standalone version; I don't use that in any fashion, so I have no concern about the standalone version, and it's not an issue. Since it uses a different version number from ZAES, however, there was no way to know whether the latest update has been received, since the Moderator didn't name a version number that was supposed to have gone out to ZAES users. Perhaps it's even possible that the latest update doesn't even change the version number. It's not that I wanted to download something--it's that I didn't' want to install the Firefox upgrade until I could verify that the latest Forcefield update had arrived on my particular machine. As we know from previous problems with ZA servers delivering AV updates, new product version updates, etc., everyone doesn't necessarily get them at the same time, and occasionally there are problems in delivery.

My original question should have been more straightforward and simply asked if the latest version of ForceField in ZAES is 1.5.53.4, which you've affirmed. Since I've had that one for a while, I didn't know if it is the one that has the most recent update that allows Firefox 3.5.5 or not. So it seems I could have already been using Firefox 3.5.5. for some time now and didn't even know it, unfortunately. Thanks for confirming 1.5.53.4, and I'll upgrade to Firefox 3.5.5 tonight. Have a good weekend!
    Last edited by critterjoe; November 20th, 2009 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by critterjoe View Post
    Thanks. I understand about the standalone version; I don't use that in any fashion, so I have no concern about the standalone version, and it's not an issue. Since it uses a different version number from ZAES, however, there was no way to know whether the latest update has been received, since the Moderator didn't name a version number that was supposed to have gone out to ZAES users. Perhaps it's even possible that the latest update doesn't even change the version number. It's not that I wanted to download something--it's that I didn't' want to install the Firefox upgrade until I could verify that the latest Forcefield update had arrived on my particular machine. As we know from previous problems with ZA servers delivering AV updates, new product version updates, etc., everyone doesn't necessarily get them at the same time, and occasionally there are problems in delivery.

My original question should have been more straightforward and simply asked if the latest version of ForceField in ZAES is 1.5.53.4, which you've affirmed. Since I've had that one for a while, I didn't know if it is the one that has the most recent update that allows Firefox 3.5.5 or not. So it seems I could have already been using Firefox 3.5.5. for some time now and didn't even know it, unfortunately. Thanks for confirming 1.5.53.4, and I'll upgrade to Firefox 3.5.5 tonight. Have a good weekend!

You're welcome

Have a nice Day

icepick314 Guest

It seems ForceField inside ZoneAlarm Extreme Security still doesn't work with Firefox 3.5.5.

Firefox doesn't start when virtualization is enabled and ForceField Toolbar does not show up when it's enabled.

I tried to start ForceField Toolbar after I disabled ForceField but didn't get anything. Whenever it's disabled in Firefox, I get "unload: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://trustchecker/content/trustchecker.js :: anonymous :: line 949" data: no]" error.

Currerently I have ForceField turned on but virtualization is turned off with ForceField Toolbar addon disabled inside Firefox.

Windows 7 Ultimate
    Firefox 3.5.5
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.1.008.000
    TrueVector Security Engine 9.1.008.000
    Driver 9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware 8.0.2.42
    AntiSpam 6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4

UUhm...
    Running Firefox 3.5.5
    Windows 7

and

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997540896
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.45
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.005

and

See screenshot... works perfectly fine.

Must be something at your end. Have you tried to fully reset firefox as suggested here?
    May be you need to fully reset firefox followed by a full removal and reinstall of ZA.
    Any Add-on or other security software conflicting with ForceField? Start clean of third party software.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 21st, 2009 at 02:25 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

icepick314 Guest

how odd...

I've tried to reinstall Firefox after uninstall but didn't work...

I will try the following...

uninstall both Firefox and ZAES...after making backup configs...reset computer....

install Firefox THEN install ZAES....

I'll let you know in a few....

Quote Originally Posted by icepick314 View Post
    install Firefox THEN install ZAES.....
    Better the reverse... or may be not... don't know if it makes any difference.
    And use the ZA removal tool to get rid of any left overs.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

icepick314 Guest

Smile Re: New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Better the reverse... or may be not... don't know if it makes any difference.
    And use the ZA removal tool to get rid of any left overs.

Fax
    NOW you tell me about ZA removal tool....

anywho...it seems like EVERYTHING is working like it's supposed to including all the addons and theme for Firefox....

here's what I did...

installed CCleaner...I needed anyway....
    Made bookmark backup for Firefox...
    Uninstalled Firefox using default uninstall from Control Panel and chose option to delete the profile...
    Uninstalled ZAES using Uninstall program link with /clean option...
    Reset PC...ZAES asks you to reset anyway during uninstall...
    After PC came back online, Ran CCleaner at default settings....cleaned out some unneeded Registry as well...
    Installed Firefox....Ran once to get the options set and restore bookmarks....closed Firefox....
    Installed ZAES....restored settings from backup then ran anti-virus/spyware update...
    Set ForceField with Virtualization option ON and then Clear Virtual Data just to make sure...
    Restarted Firefox....noticed some slowdown when starting but I suspect it's because of virtualization encapsulating Firefox during loading...
    Installed addons I wanted one at a time....after each addon, I restarted Firefox to make sure that particular addon wasn't the problem I had before...

Now everything's running it's supposed to the way I like it....I love the extra protection that ZAES and ForceField enforces during my regular internet surfing....

I think my previous reinstall problems were that I had ZAES running with ForceField still running first...but some reason, even with ForceField off, Firefox still had problem with ForceField Toolbar after reinstall....

guess it needed clean installs and cleanup with CCleaner....
    Last edited by icepick314; November 21st, 2009 at 04:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information