Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

Default Re: New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

Glad to hear it works as it should now

One question.... you installed the addon with the virtualization turned ON? This usually means that as soon as you will clean your virtual data in ZA you may wipe also the addon installed.
    Usually I always update/install the add-on with Forcefield turned completely OFF.

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by icepick314 View Post
    I think my previous reinstall problems were that I had ZAES running with ForceField still running first...

If you always turn OFF ForceField for installing and updating Firefox, you will not run into problems.This is also valid for installing Add-ons and Plugins.Close Firefox and then Clear virtual data.Then turn ForceField back ON.

If you don't it will corrupt the profile in Firefox.

Reset Firefox / Reset when using ForceField

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=69972

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 21st, 2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Typo

icepick314 Guest

Smile Re: New 1.5.53.49 (standalone) Installed

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Glad to hear it works as it should now

One question.... you installed the addon with the virtualization turned ON? This usually means that as soon as you will clean your virtual data in ZA you may wipe also the addon installed.
    Usually I always update/install the add-on with Forcefield turned completely OFF.

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Cheers,
    Fax
    I only lost settings for couple of addons. Nothing serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    If you always turn OFF ForceField for installing and updating Firefox, you will not run into problems.This is also valid for installing Add-ons and Plugins.Close Firefox and then Clear virtual data.Then turn ForceField back ON.

If you don't it will corrupt the profile in Firefox.

Reset Firefox / Reset when using ForceField

Have a nice Day
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember it whenever I decide to install more addons or themes.

I only lost settings for couple of addons. Nothing serious...

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember it whenever I decide to install more addons or themes.

Here is an other link for possible Firefox Issues :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...944#post262944

Have a nice Day

On the new ForceField version 1.5.53.49 (standalone) The only thing I see different is when checking for Windows Update.It always brings up a Confirmation window that site cannot open in ForceField.When I click OK.It would load two IE browsers in the pass.The first with error cannot access this page.Then load up 2nd browser and it would show Welcome to Windows Update page.Now it shows both browsers with Welcome to Windows Update.One with the ForceField toolbar and the other without the toolbar.This was not the case with old ForceField.Is it now by design or UI glitch.Really an non-issue because I can get to the Windows Update site.

Just did Chat,they're online now.They would try to replicate.They would email me if that is the case.Have been waiting for other replies for weeks.Oh well, no big deal.

No issues with the Following Add-ons that I use with Firefox 3.5.5

Adblock Plus 1.1.1
    BetterPrivacy 1.45
    ForceField 1.5.53.49
    Java Quick Starter 1.0
    NoScript 1.9.9.15

No other issues I can see so far.

Footnote : Could other users try to replicate by checking Windows Update manually on your system and post if this is the case.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 22nd, 2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Typo & added info

icepick314 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    Here is an other link for possible Firefox Issues :

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...944#post262944

Have a nice Day
    i thought of something else while going through Firefox options...

when using ForceField, don't forget to turn Ask Me What I Want To Do option on instead of automatically downloading and updating addons and updates...

i don't want to go through uninstalling and installing Firefox and ZAES again if it messes up again....

i thought of something else while going through Firefox options...

when using ForceField, don't forget to turn Ask Me What I Want To Do option on instead of automatically downloading and updating addons and updates...

i don't want to go through uninstalling and installing Firefox and ZAES again if it messes up again....
    Good point.I have Firefox to Ask also.That's how I first realize about corrupting the Firefox profile.No need to reinstall ZoneAlarm.Just reset Firefox if it ever gets corrupt .I always use this method of choice.

Reset Firefox / Reset when using ForceField at this link :

Just wanted to add that if you use Adblock Plus & NoScript you can also export the settings to a folder of your choice.So when you do a Firefox reset and reinstall those Add-ons, just import the settings and you're go to.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 22nd, 2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Added Info

mmforeman Guest

firefox 3.5.5 not closing - unable downloads on certain pages - bookmarks not closing after pressing "x" ...........

removed/disabled zone alarm toolbar 1.5.53.4 from add-ons ........ firefox 3.5.5 now running normally........

zone alarm security suite 9.1.008.000

Quote Originally Posted by mmforeman View Post
    firefox 3.5.5 not closing - unable downloads on certain pages - bookmarks not closing after pressing "x" ...........

removed/disabled zone alarm toolbar 1.5.53.4 from add-ons ........ firefox 3.5.5 now running normally........

zone alarm security suite 9.1.008.000

No issues here.That should indicates that your Firefox profile is corrupt.Have you tried to reset Firefox.

Reset Firefox / Reset when using ForceField at this link :

Footnote : In your case before doing a reset try Clearing your virtual data first to see if this corrects issue.Virtual data should be cleared often. If this is not the case I would suggest to reset Firefox.

XP SP3
    ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997669920
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 24th, 2009 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Added Footnote

gogoejoe Guest

Hi Sky soldiers,
    I understand about the standalone version; I don't use that in any fashion, so I have no concern about the standalone version, and it's not an issue. Since it uses a different version number from ZAES, however, there was no way to know whether the latest update has been received, since the Moderator didn't name a version number that was supposed to have gone out to ZAES users. Perhaps it's even possible that the latest update doesn't even change the version number. It's not that I wanted to download something--it's that I didn't' want to install the Firefox upgrade until I could verify that the latest Forcefield update had arrived on my particular machine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information