Thread: Gaming issue

JordanN Guest

Default Gaming issue

I don't know where to post this at, so I will just post in off topic.

I play a game called Gunbound, and as of today it wont let me on to play. I'm almost positive its due to the 2010 update(Because yesterday when I had 2009 I played perfectly fine, and now today 2010...I cant seem to play at all). So I uninstalled ZA and tried playing the game, and it worked perfectly fine. But I would rather not play the game if it comes down to not having ZA so I just had to reinstall it.

The games Security is nProtect Game Guard and when I try to start up the game I get the following: GameGuard Error: 114 Failed to initialize GameMon.
    If anyone knows any possible way to avoid this, or know if this will most likely be fixed in the future I'd gladly appriciate it.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: nProtect Game Guard

JordanN, it would be helpful to know which ZA firewall product you have, yes. Years 2009 and 2010 doesn't really say much about specific versions.

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number

You can right click your ZA tray icon > click "About..." > Copy to Clipboard > OK, and when posting back ~ right click and "Paste" the info. > like this...

ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200911.6865
    9.0> 9.1 series have a limited version ForceField toolbar/ aka Advanced Download Protection - which does have some similar/ basic structure to the stand-alone ForceField; 'some' same files. Await your background info.

JordanN Guest

Default Re: Gaming issue

Sorry bout that, I'm on Windows XP SP 3
    ZoneAlarm Anti-virus version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993925376

hope this is correct.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: nProtect Game Guard

If you had ForceField or ZA Extreme - this would be the answer-
    click here > http://forum.zonelabs.org/showthread.php?t=70595

but you may not have 'anti-keylogger' options.

then try this - click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthrea...light=nProtect < see post 3.

__________________________________________________ _
    If you still have issues, please contact ZA Tech
    Click here > Click here for ZA Technical Support
    Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Last edited by naivemelody; November 21st, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

rosado Guest

I am having a really similar experience as above, but I'm still having trouble using GameGuard with ZoneAlarm.

I'm currently Running Windows 7 64-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.1.008.000

That said, the tip above in the other thread didn't work. I took Zone alarm off my startup list, but still keep getting the GameGuard 114 Error. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm, and it works just fine. I don't want to give up using ZoneAlarm for the sake of one game, but I have more games that also use GameGuard, all giving me the same error message.

Quote Originally Posted by rosado View Post
    I am having a really similar experience as above, but I'm still having trouble using GameGuard with ZoneAlarm.

I'm currently Running Windows 7 64-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:9.1.008.000

That said, the tip above in the other thread didn't work. I took Zone alarm off my startup list, but still keep getting the GameGuard 114 Error. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm, and it works just fine. I don't want to give up using ZoneAlarm for the sake of one game, but I have more games that also use GameGuard, all giving me the same error message.
    I'm not a Gamer and have never use Game Mode.You might want to read the following at this link :

I am having a problem playing an Online Game with ZoneAlarm running.

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-8608007131228750460/view_question!PAGETYPE?sc=16&sf=101133&documentid= 347124&action=view

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 4th, 2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: edit

JordanN Guest

None of these solutions have helped me yet, still the only way I can play...is to uninstall ZA. I am a very sad panda

Quote Originally Posted by JordanN View Post
    None of these solutions have helped me yet, still the only way I can play...is to uninstall ZA. I am a very sad panda
    If no solutions to resolve your issue provided by users then if your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

Thread Information