Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

  1. #1
    rlema Guest

    Default Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    During Zone Alarm Pro installation, installation setup tells me to wait until it detects my system settings. I waited more than 40 minutes but nothing happened so I had to cancel that dead process, It advised me that cancelling was not good but I had not choice. That was my first problem.
    Inmediatly after installation I reboot and then I got a message "ATI Catalyst Control Center had detected a problem and will close" . I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro after that and then reinstalled it: I had the same problem with "detecting my system settings" but this time ATI Catalyst Control Center worked. Aditionally I had a problem with Daemon Tools lite: I can only run it after disabling ZoneAlarm ForceField at Startup.
    Now after the last Zone Alarm (big) update, I had the same problem with ATI Catalyst Control Center, again. But worse, this time the game "Medieval II Total War" didn`t work, It freezed when launching. I put "Medieval II Total War" us a trusted aplication. It didnīt work. Then I set Zone Alarm Control Program to "low" (disabling OS firewall). This time it worked. But I realize it's not very secure to have Control Program at low level, isn`t it? I have not choice cause I like playing Medieval II Total Work.
    My questions are: 1) How can I let Zone Alarm installation setup to detect my settings without it actually freezing? 2) How can I run Medieval II Total War without having to set Program Control level to "low"? 3) How can I run Daemon Tools lite without having to disable ForceField?
    My product is ZoneAlarmPro 9.1.008.000. My ATI GPU driver is ATI Catalyst Control Center 2009.0826.2224.38413. And my antivirus is Avira Antivir Premium 9.0.0.452.

  2. #2
    bunnyfugger Guest

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by rlema View Post
    During Zone Alarm Pro installation, installation setup tells me to wait until it detects my system settings. I waited more than 40 minutes but nothing happened so I had to cancel that dead process, It advised me that cancelling was not good but I had not choice. That was my first problem.
    Inmediatly after installation I reboot and then I got a message "ATI Catalyst Control Center had detected a problem and will close" . I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro after that and then reinstalled it: I had the same problem with "detecting my system settings" but this time ATI Catalyst Control Center worked. Aditionally I had a problem with Daemon Tools lite: I can only run it after disabling ZoneAlarm ForceField at Startup.
    Now after the last Zone Alarm (big) update, I had the same problem with ATI Catalyst Control Center, again. But worse, this time the game "Medieval II Total War" didn`t work, It freezed when launching. I put "Medieval II Total War" us a trusted aplication. It didnīt work. Then I set Zone Alarm Control Program to "low" (disabling OS firewall). This time it worked. But I realize it's not very secure to have Control Program at low level, isn`t it? I have not choice cause I like playing Medieval II Total Work.
    My questions are: 1) How can I let Zone Alarm installation setup to detect my settings without it actually freezing? 2) How can I run Medieval II Total War without having to set Program Control level to "low"? 3) How can I run Daemon Tools lite without having to disable ForceField?
    My product is ZoneAlarmPro 9.1.008.000. My ATI GPU driver is ATI Catalyst Control Center 2009.0826.2224.38413. And my antivirus is Avira Antivir Premium 9.0.0.452.

    Hi rlema,

    It is not good to try and install ZA with other AV/AS sotware installed.

    Try uninstalling Avira (no use just disabling), and your ZA installation, then reinstall ZA.

    Please post back with your results (good or bad).

    Hope this helps.....

  3. #3
    rlema Guest

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyfugger View Post
    Hi rlema,

    It is not good to try and install ZA with other AV/AS sotware installed.

    Try uninstalling Avira (no use just disabling), and your ZA installation, then reinstall ZA.

    Please post back with your results (good or bad).

    Hope this helps.....
    Thanks for your response. but I'ts not a choice for me. I have Zone Alarm Pro, it's supposed to be just a premium Firewall, not an Antivirus so It should work fine with the Antivirus of my choice. I canīt uninstall Avira Antivir Premium because I can't leave my PC without antivirus protection.

  4. #4
    bunnyfugger Guest

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by rlema View Post
    Thanks for your response. but I'ts not a choice for me. I have Zone Alarm Pro, it's supposed to be just a premium Firewall, not an Antivirus so It should work fine with the Antivirus of my choice. I canīt uninstall Avira Antivir Premium because I can't leave my PC without antivirus protection.
    Hi rlema,

    You are (of course) correct. Sorry, I missed the fact that you're running ZA Pro.
    I am running ZAISS and do not have other machines with different OS or ZA products and so have no experience of these apart from replies given by other people who help on the forum.

    On the plus side, there are some very good people on this forum who CAN help you and, when they become aware of your problems, no doubt will.

    In the meantime, I'll look around here to see whether I can find the solution and will post back later today.

    Regards...


    UPDATE:
    Hi rlema,
    Well, I've scoured the forum and can find nothing that might help. Ditto with a google search. Unless someone here has a similar ATI/ZA Pro setup I have exhausted all avenues that I know to try and solve your problem. My last advice would be to contact ZA Tech Support with your problem.

    Sorry I can't be of any further help.

    Regards...
    Last edited by bunnyfugger; November 22nd, 2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Misspellings (doh!)

  5. #5
    rlema Guest

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Thanks for your try. I actually managed to force ZoneAlarm Pro to allow Medieval II Total War running by giving it "Super" privilegies so I could turn on OS firewall again.
    The problem with ATI Catalyst Control Center remains sometimes when I turn on the computer, but then I restart and it vanishes like a ghost until next time.
    The problem with Daemon Tools Lite seems to have no solution rather than turning off ZoneAlarmShield so I do that each time I want to run Daemon Tools and I turn it on again when I'm finished.
    If I can live in time with the "ATI Catalyst Control Center issue" I'll keep using ZoneAlarm Pro otherwise I'll uninstall it and try another firewall.

  6. #6
    bunnyfugger Guest

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by rlema View Post
    Thanks for your try. I actually managed to force ZoneAlarm Pro to allow Medieval II Total War running by giving it "Super" privilegies so I could turn on OS firewall again.
    The problem with ATI Catalyst Control Center remains sometimes when I turn on the computer, but then I restart and it vanishes like a ghost until next time.
    The problem with Daemon Tools Lite seems to have no solution rather than turning off ZoneAlarmShield so I do that each time I want to run Daemon Tools and I turn it on again when I'm finished.
    If I can live in time with the "ATI Catalyst Control Center issue" I'll keep using ZoneAlarm Pro otherwise I'll uninstall it and try another firewall.

    Hi rlema,

    Thanks for posting back. Glad to hear that you've managed to partly solve your problem.

    On the subject of ATI Catalyst:
    You're not the only person with problems linked to this software. Try a search on the forum using ATI Catalyst Control which should return some posts. Perhaps their problems have been solved and their solutions may help you too.

    Regards...
    Last edited by bunnyfugger; November 25th, 2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: highlighting

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,647

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by rlema View Post
    During Zone Alarm Pro installation, installation setup I had a problem with Daemon Tools lite: I can only run it after disabling ZoneAlarm ForceField at Startup.
    Possible solution for one of your issues.

    Readme for ZoneAlarm 9.1

    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\readme.html"

    Third-party Software

    b. ZoneAlarm is not compatible with DAEMON Tools. A bug in DAEMON Tools creates a conflict with ZoneAlarm that can cause a BSOD crash.

    Have a nice Day

    Happy Thanksgiving

  8. #8
    rlema Guest

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    I read it although my path is different (D:\Archivos de programa\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\readme.html). It has no response for the "freezing at installation while set up is detecting your settings" issue. And it has no response for the "ATI Catalyst Control Center" issue. What a pitty the compatibility problem with Daemon Tools, happily I can run it switching off ZoneAlarm Force Field.
    Although these issues ZoneAlarm is the best firewall in terms of security but I find support is inadequate.
    Last edited by rlema; December 2nd, 2009 at 08:04 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,647

    Default Re: Problems during and after Zone Alarm pro installation (and last upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by rlema View Post
    I read it although my path is different (D:\Archivos de programa\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\readme.html). It has no response for the "freezing at installation while set up is detecting your settings" issue. And it has no response for the "ATI Catalyst Control Center" issue. What a pitty the compatibility problem with Daemon Tools, happily I can run it switching off ZoneAlarm Shield.
    Although these issues ZoneAlarm is the best firewall but I find support is inadequate.
    Thanks for your feedback.

    Have a nice Day

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •