Thread: Controls missing in v. 9.1.008.000

jhop Guest

Default Controls missing in v. 9.1.008.000

I updated Zone Alarm Security Suite on Nov. 5, responding to the prompt from Check Point. Since then I've been unable to do things like online check-in for an airline flight, or posting photos at my Blogger site. The problem seems to be that such functions require a popup, and my Zone Alarm no longer has the feature that allows me to designate trusted websites at which popups are acceptable to me. Not all pop-ups are bad, after all! Is this a faulty installation or has the program really been made less capable than the previous version?

I'm running the program on XP with SP2 installed. The PC is an HP Pavilion a430n. I never installed SP3 for the operating system because it doesn't play nice with this machine's AMD processor. My attempts to install the patch for AMD machines have failed several times.

Default Re: Controls missing in v. 9.1.008.000

Quote Originally Posted by jhop View Post
    I updated Zone Alarm Security Suite on Nov. 5, responding to the prompt from Check Point. Since then I've been unable to do things like online check-in for an airline flight, or posting photos at my Blogger site. The problem seems to be that such functions require a popup, and my Zone Alarm no longer has the feature that allows me to designate trusted websites at which popups are acceptable to me. Not all pop-ups are bad, after all! Is this a faulty installation or has the program really been made less capable than the previous version?

I'm running the program on XP with SP2 installed. The PC is an HP Pavilion a430n. I never installed SP3 for the operating system because it doesn't play nice with this machine's AMD processor. My attempts to install the patch for AMD machines have failed several times.
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) You might check ZA Program control / Program section to see if any Permissions (Green Check Marks) for your Browser or utilities used in Banking/Blogging have Changes..

2.) Please Contact Checkpoint Tech Support Live Chat with Full details of your Computer.. "I'm running the program on XP with SP2 installed. The PC is an HP Pavilion a430n. I never installed SP3" and connection problems..

Click on Support link in my Signature..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ianwest Guest

Unhappy Re: Controls missing in v. 9.1.008.000

I have the same problem.

It appears that the privacy control feature where I could set permissions for individual sites to allow or block cookies, popups etc is not available in this latest version.

How do I do this now? I have had to use my new laptop, which came with Norton, to access some sites.

Hi!
    you can use free tools like adblocking in firefox or IE7pro in IE.
    No need to pay for removing ads or pop-up.

The ZA privacy control was outdated, not working well and created a lot of issue to users.
    NOTE: If you receive too many pop-ups you may be infected by malware.

For any other issue you may want to contact the ZA support directly (during the week). Link in my signature.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; November 14th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

atinalee Guest

i noticed also no place to clean the cache now. So how do you do this?

Also where is the setting for cookies?

I am a bit confused in this new version 9.1.008

Is there any place to see a tutorial on this version?

Thanks

Anita

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by atinalee View Post
    i noticed also no place to clean the cache now. So how do you do this?

Also where is the setting for cookies?

I am a bit confused in this new version 9.1.008

Is there any place to see a tutorial on this version?

Thanks

Anita
    Hi Anita,
    This question is a frequent one with this new version and I'll point you to a couple of recent threads on this topic:
    Where is My Privacy Settings
    Privacy tab is gone
    Cache Cleaner?

best regards,
    Findley
    Last edited by findley; November 17th, 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added link

atinalee Guest

Thanks so much. Can just do these things in my browser.

Anita

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by atinalee View Post
    Thanks so much. Can just do these things in my browser.

Anita
    Anita,
    You are welcome.
    best regards,
    Findley

jhop Guest

So I used a sick day and buckled down to tackle my issues. Noting the suggested connection between the ZA toolbar and my inability to get popups when I want them, I set out to reinstall the latest ZA without the toolbar. So I turned off my modem and uninstalled ZA from Control Panel. Uh, oh, that also wiped out the entire ZA folder -- where I usually store the setup files each time I upgrade.

Fortunately, I had a old setup file still in a download folder, so I got ZA up and running with that, then responded to the program prompt and again downloaded the upgrade to v. 9.1. Early in the v9 setup I was asked about the toolbar and I rejected that part of the program. All went smoothly -- and popup works as well as ever now at blogger.com. Success. Three hours' work. Headache remains.

findley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jhop View Post
    So I used a sick day and buckled down to tackle my issues. Noting the suggested connection between the ZA toolbar and my inability to get popups when I want them, I set out to reinstall the latest ZA without the toolbar. So I turned off my modem and uninstalled ZA from Control Panel. Uh, oh, that also wiped out the entire ZA folder -- where I usually store the setup files each time I upgrade.

Fortunately, I had a old setup file still in a download folder, so I got ZA up and running with that, then responded to the program prompt and again downloaded the upgrade to v. 9.1. Early in the v9 setup I was asked about the toolbar and I rejected that part of the program. All went smoothly -- and popup works as well as ever now at blogger.com. Success. Three hours' work. Headache remains.
    Hi jhop,
    Sounds like your issue is resolved "Success"
    stay well and enjoy the weekend,
    Findley

Thread Information