Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Not scanning USB F:\backups

  1. #1
    Paul Smith Guest

    Default Not scanning USB F:\backups

    ZA is not scanning my F:\ USB drive, even though it appears as an option in the "Scan Targets" setting.

    I can scan it manually, by right click on F:\, then scan with ZA

    How can i fix this to scan Automatically with C:\ ?

  2. #2
    bunnyfugger Guest

    Default Re: Not scanning USB F:\backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith View Post
    ZA is not scanning my F:\ USB drive, even though it appears as an option in the "Scan Targets" setting.

    I can scan it manually, by right click on F:\, then scan with ZA

    How can i fix this to scan Automatically with C:\ ?

    Hi Paul,

    It would be more helpful if you could post which OS you're using and your ZA product and version as this will help me to help you more effectively.


    In the meantime you could try a "reset" of the ZA database.

    Please note that the following procedure will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make a note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

    Please post back with your results.

    Regards...

    Windows XP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997682208
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

  3. #3
    Paul Smith Guest

    Default Re: Not scanning USB F:\backups

    ok, did a reset and have to wait and see if USB drive gets scanned with my main c:\

    How do i insert images? I normally do an alt Prnt Scr and paste, but the image icon in this message box is asking for an http:\\ URL ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,646

    Default Re: Not scanning USB F:\backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith View Post
    How do i insert images? I normally do an alt Prnt Scr and paste, but the image icon in this message box is asking for an http:\\ URL ?

    Just Google free image hosting.You'll find few you can use.

    BTW : Click F1 / Help under Search enter " Specifying scan targets " without the quotes.Click List Topics and then Display.Relevant information.

    Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 23rd, 2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo & Added info

  5. #5
    garywa Guest

    Default Re: Not scanning USB F:\backups

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smith View Post
    ok, did a reset and have to wait and see if USB drive gets scanned with my main c:\

    How do i insert images? I normally do an alt Prnt Scr and paste, but the image icon in this message box is asking for an http:\\ URL ?
    As Sky Soldiers explained, this forum software does not support direct image hosting. So you have to use a free image hosting website like tinypic.

    That's what I used to imbed this graphic:


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,646

    Default Re: Not scanning USB F:\backups

    This is my approach on external USB drives at this link :

    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...501#post270501

    Have a nice Day

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •