Thread: Problems with program not opening

antkas Guest

Default Problems with program not opening

I have just installed my the latest upgrade of ZA security suite in an XP Pro environment. I now find that I cannot use my Encryption Software - which is essential to the work that I am doing. I cannot configure program control to accept the program. I find that closing down Zone Alarm and also ForceField.exe and ISWSVC.exe processes in Task Manager allow it to open. But this is temporary as I find that they immediately reopen themselves and disable my program.

Suggestion welcome - for any urgent fixes. Otherwise it looks like I will have to part company with ZA after a happy and problem free association lasting years!

bunnyfugger Guest

Default Re: Problems with program not opening

Quote Originally Posted by antkas View Post
    I have just installed my the latest upgrade of ZA security suite in an XP Pro environment. I now find that I cannot use my Encryption Software - which is essential to the work that I am doing. I cannot configure program control to accept the program. I find that closing down Zone Alarm and also ForceField.exe and ISWSVC.exe processes in Task Manager allow it to open. But this is temporary as I find that they immediately reopen themselves and disable my program.

Suggestion welcome - for any urgent fixes. Otherwise it looks like I will have to part company with ZA after a happy and problem free association lasting years!
    Hi Antkas,

This may only be a problem with the limited version of Forcefield (Advanced download Protection) included with the latest version of ZAISS. If you're using the standalone version of Forcefield it's a different matter.

Check here...
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=72049

The posts outline how to disable/remove Forcefield depending on the version you have - I know the post is on a different subject, it's just the disable/removal instructions I'm referring you to.

Post #1 refers to the limited version of Forcefield.
    Post #2 refers to the standalone version.

Please try disabling/removing Forcefield and see whether that solves your problem.

By the way, it would be helpful if you could post which OS you're using, and your ZA product data as shown below (right click the ZA icon in taskbar, click 'About', click 'copy to clipboard', and post here) as this can have a profound effect on the advice you recieve.

Please post back with your results as, positive or negative, as it may help others.

Regards...

Win XP SP3 (fully patched)

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997677184
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

burley Guest

OK Everyone, I found a solution to the crippled FireFox problem I encountered after upgrading to the latest version of ZoneAlarm......

Open Explore and go to the following directory:

C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField

Double click on the UNINSTALL program to uninstall ForceField.

REBOOT.

NOTE: Before I did this, I reinstalled FireFox so at least one window was working OK.

Good Luck to everyone

edncda Guest

Default I tried to uninstall Forcefield but....

The worst symptom for me was that I could not open multiple instances of Firefox and when I closed it (Firefox), Firefox would stay resident forcing me to end the process before it could be reopened again.

The uninstall process hung before completing (I tried 3 times) so I had to manually end (pgm mgr) the uninstall process of Forcefield and then completely uninstall the ZA suite. Then I reinstalled the suite making sure I UNCHECKED the "Install ZA Toolbar" box (Forcefield?) - which is on the 2nd or 3rd screen after the beginning of the ZA Suite Install process. I also uninstalled Firefox then reinstalled it after I successfully got rid of Force field. After all this, Firefox seems to work properly again.
    Last edited by fax; April 16th, 2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Closing

Please do not hijack other user threads especially if old and related to past ZA versions.
    Start your own thread, stick to the issue and remember this is a USER forum to help on ZA product related issues.
    Anything else is outside the scope of this board.

Also note that ZA staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here. Please contact the official ZA support to troubleshoot the issue. Link in my signature.
    Thread closed to avoid further abuse. Any further off topic posts will be removed without prior notice.

Thank you in advance for your support and feel free to open a new thread for any other ZA product related issue you may have, we will do our best to help you.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 16th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information