Thread: Configuration

needlotsofhelp Guest

Default Configuration

I just upgraded from Security Suite 8.0 to 9.0. Version 8.0 allowed me to fine tune setting by website visited. For example, I could allow script, objects, animation and private headers by the website I visit. It had a privacy advisor that would tell me what the website required and then I could permanently create settings each time I visited this website. I do not see the option in version 9.0. Now, all sites are locked tight. I don't want all sites locked tight. Where is this setting ? Thanks in advance.

garywa Guest

Default Re: Configuration

There were significant changes made in release 9.X. One of those was removing the Privacy Control, so some of the functions you are looking for have been removed. These items are handled within your web browser.

You can read the complete release history here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

This is a summary:

• New Browser Security:
      • Advanced Download Protection:
        • Detects the latest zero-day threats in downloads that you initiate-before they reach your computer
        • Includes heuristic analysis and program check
        • Can run and analyze download behavior in a virtual environment if necessary
      • Spy site detection
      • Signature and heuristic phishing detection
      • Website safety check and rating

• New unified anti-virus and anti-spyware engine:
      • Scans 80%-90% faster and combines anti-virus and anti-spyware into one scan
      • More advanced scan options- riskware, ADS, heuristic scanning, and more exception options
      • Additional on-access scan controls
      • On-access scanning now detects spyware

• Program control features to stop advanced security bypass attacks:
      • Timing attack protection
      • Service control manager protection (not supported on 64-bit and Windows 7)

• Other enhancements:
      • Many performance improvements
      • Reduced number of unnecessary alerts
      • Windows 7 ready (Free compatibility update to run on Windows 7 when it is released)

Note: To streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have been removed with this release.

Thread Information