Thread: Can you add website exception to FF?

uberdog Guest

Unhappy Can you add website exception to FF?

I was wondering if there is a way to add a website exception to FF...I am no longer able to access some web sites that I have been using for many years. I have looked and don't seem to find any way to add an exception for these sites. Thank you in advance for any help.

icepick314 Guest

Default Re: Can you add website exception to FF?

Quote Originally Posted by uberdog View Post
    I was wondering if there is a way to add a website exception to FF...I am no longer able to access some web sites that I have been using for many years. I have looked and don't seem to find any way to add an exception for these sites. Thank you in advance for any help.
    i don't see any options regarding adding exceptions to specific site address since FF works with your browser as a whole...

i would suggest just opening non-protected browser instead to access that particular site...click on the FF icon and one of the option says open non-protected browser...

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Can you add website exception to ForceField?

In reference to a 'stand-alone' ForceField 1.3 with ZA Pro, you will usually get either a 'yellow' or 'red' warning box, where there will usually be an option to "go back" or to "stay on site"/ or 'I trust site - continue'

Click here > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm

Basically you will be given a choice; when you continue or trust site - your data is sent to ZA, and usually FF will remember your choice on this site. (there is no exception list, but it will usually remember - if not 'continue/ stay on site' or use a regular 'un-protected browser' just for that site - only ).

[interesting sidenote: in some rare cases ForceField will give false positives - 'yellow' warning if it's a 'new website or has 'less established credentials' on what appears to you as a 'trusted, legitimate site' - then you can decide to 'over-ride and continue']

garywa Guest

Thumbs up Re: Can you add website exception to FF?

Thanks for posting the link to the FF manual. I'll have to start reading.

When I installed ZASS 9.1, I skipped the browser security toolbar (FF) because I didn't really understand it and I had read a few 'problem' posts here, that now I'm beginning to think may not have been deserved.

Maybe after reading this information I'll have a better understanding of what it does and how it works.

Default Re: Can you add website exception to FF?

Quote Originally Posted by garywa View Post
    Thanks for posting the link to the FF manual. I'll have to start reading.

When I installed ZASS 9.1, I skipped the browser security toolbar (FF) because I didn't really understand it and I had read a few 'problem' posts here, that now I'm beginning to think may not have been deserved.

Maybe after reading this information I'll have a better understanding of what it does and how it works.
    How is ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.36.2 different from ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone) and in Extreme Security.

The ZoneAlarm Toolbar does not include the virtualization feature. Only the Forcefield program, whether it is the standalone or included in the Extreme Security includes that feature.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice Day Gary

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.5.5
    ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997806944
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 25th, 2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Added ZA version

garywa Guest

Got it. I'll keep that in mind as I read through the online document.

naivemelody Guest

Here's a nice pictorial of the process - ZA Security toolbar/ ForceField - see posts/ images by Senior Member "garywa"...

Click here > http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...url#post271872

Choice.

Thread Information