Thread: Automatic lock & local network

myrgoups Guest

Question Automatic lock & local network

I use the automatic lock functionality in ZA, but other computers on my *local* network need to be able to continue accessing shares on my disk even when it is locked. Is there some way to achieve this?

Thanks,
    Michael

Post Re: Automatic lock & local network

Quote Originally Posted by myrgoups View Post
    I use the automatic lock functionality in ZA, but other computers on my *local* network need to be able to continue accessing shares on my disk even when it is locked. Is there some way to achieve this?

Thanks,
    Michael
    I do not use that feature..

But here is what ZA Help key says about that feature..
    ======================
    Enabling the automatic lock

The automatic Internet lockprotects your computer if you leave it connected to the Internet for long periods even when you're not actively using network or Internet resources.
    When the lock engages, only traffic initiated by programs to which you have given pass-lock permission is allowed. All traffic to and from your computer is stopped, including DHCP messages, or ISP heartbeats, used to maintain your Internet connection. As a result, you may lose your Internet connection.

You can set the Internet lock to engage:
    • <LI class=listbullet>When your screen saver engages, or
    • After a specified number of minutes of network inactivity.
    To enable or disable the automatic lock:
    1. <LI class=listnumber>Select Program Control.
    2. In the Automatic Lock area, select On or Off.
    To set automatic lock options:
    1. <LI class=listnumber>Select Program Control. <LI class=listnumber>In the Automatic Lock area, click Custom. The Custom Lock Settings dialog appears.
      <LI class=listnumber>Specify the lock mode to use. Lock after n minutes of inactivity
      Engages automatic lock after the specified number of minutes has passed. Specify a value between 1 and 99.
      Lock when screensaver activates
      Engages automatic lock whenever your screensaver is activated.
      <LI class=listnumber>If desired, specify Internet access permissions for periods when the lock is engaged. Allow pass-lock programs to access the Internet
      Allows programs with pass‑lock permission to access the Internet. Programs without pass‑lock permission have no access. This is the default behavior when the lock is engaged.
      Block all Internet access
      Prevents all programs, regardless of pass‑lock status, from accessing the Internet when the lock is engaged.
    2. Click OK.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 24th, 2009 at 04:42 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

myrgoups Guest

Default Re: Automatic lock & local network

Yes, that is how I understood things. The issue is, it seems that I can only open access on a program-by-program basis, which is not very useful for what I want. I guess my only option is to forgo this functionality. Too bad.

Thanks for your reply!

Default Re: Automatic lock & local network

Quote Originally Posted by myrgoups View Post
    Yes, that is how I understood things. The issue is, it seems that I can only open access on a program-by-program basis, which is not very useful for what I want. I guess my only option is to forgo this functionality. Too bad.

Thanks for your reply!
    Your Welcome
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information