Thread: ZA blocking tinyurl.com

Hybrid View

ffandpm Guest

Default ZA blocking tinyurl.com

I added tinyurl.com to my allowed sites, but I am still getting a message "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

What setting am I missing?

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000 on a Win XP machine. Everything is up to date.

I can get to it on my laptop which is running ZA free.

Default Re: ZA blocking tinyurl.com

Quote Originally Posted by ffandpm View Post
    I added tinyurl.com to my allowed sites, but I am still getting a message "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

What setting am I missing?

I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000 on a Win XP machine. Everything is up to date.

I can get to it on my laptop which is running ZA free.
    Using the Forum Search function I found this Forum Link on "Tinyurl"

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...hlight=tinyurl
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ffandpm Guest

I tried those bits, but my version of ZA does not have the tab described. The only spot I have found to add a site is on the Identity Protection/Trusted Sites area. I added tinyurl to that spot, but the site is still blocked on my desktop. My laptop running the free version is not blocking it. I don't see any spot to add any url on the free version.

bunnyfugger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ffandpm View Post
    I tried those bits, but my version of ZA does not have the tab described. The only spot I have found to add a site is on the Identity Protection/Trusted Sites area. I added tinyurl to that spot, but the site is still blocked on my desktop. My laptop running the free version is not blocking it. I don't see any spot to add any url on the free version.
    Hi,
    The reason you cannot find Spy Site Blocking is that it has been removed from version 9.1. The page you were referred to contains instructions for ZA version 8.

Try the following:
    Open your ZA control center, press F1 to open help dialog, search for create expert rules. Set up a rule to allow TinyURL, then see how it goes.

Please post back if this works. Thanks.

Regards...

ffandpm Guest

Set up a rule, Source is tinyurl (via lookup) and any target, any protocol, any time.

Still blocked with the same message.

ffandpm Guest

Just went to tech support, they had me uninstall forcefield... and that worked! Hopefully not super exposed now.

Thanks!

Thread Information