Thread: Best Zonealarm feature gone - Privacy Settings

odio Guest

Exclamation Best Zonealarm feature gone - Privacy Settings

It was possible to control each site, to deny or allow any feature of any site one by one, block private readers, refferers, popups, ads, images, flash stuff, scripting and more for one site and allow them for others, like youtube.

1.) there are no plans for Restoring the Privacy feature..

Note: To streamline in an age where web privacy controls are built into the most popular browsers and email attachment scanning is included in the major email applications, privacy controls and inbound MailSafe have been removed with this release.
    Ok, how so? how can i allow some sites to do something and others to not on firefox or internet explorer? How do i block javascript, "advanced" popups, flash ads and still watch a video or listen to a song on youtube?

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000 and ForceField Version 1.3.153.0 (standalone) using Firefox/3.0.15.

I use the following Add-ons without any issues :

Adblock Plus 1.1.1
    BetterPrivacy 1.29
    ForceField Toolbar 1.3.153.0 (standalone)
    NoScript 1.9.9.15

Have been using ZASS since Sept 26 2004 5.1 Branch according to old account history.IMHO my current browser and Add-ons setup is far more superior then using old ZASS Privacy settings.
    "there is no privacy settings anymore, but there is no need, i have several plugins and high level of expertise to replace it", no offense, but how stupid is that?
    Dont tell me to download a plugin for each feature i want disabled so that when i want to use said features i have to disable that/those plugins!

There is a way to have zonealarm 8.0 with only privacy settings on and zonealarm 9.0 with the other zonealarm features on running at the same time? Zonealarm 8.0`s privacy settings is far from outdated, it is a tool to control it all with one time only click.

Default Re: The worst Zonealarm feature gone - Privacy Settings - Huppy

I personally welcome the choice of removing the feature. It was not working well, corrupting my ZA and less efficient than free tools. I.e. simply a big waste of my PC resources.

I want ZA to focus on security issues rather then privacy! Well, I guess the world is nice because is different and different opinions can exist peacefully.

Btw, there is little use to post this here, ZA does not monitor systematically this board. The best is to complaint directly to them. More complaints they receive more they may be thinking back their choice (hopefully not)!

Cheers,
    Fax

Quote Originally Posted by odio View Post
    There is a way to have zonealarm 8.0 with only privacy settings on and zonealarm 9.0 with the other zonealarm features on running at the same time?
    No, not possible.
    Last edited by fax; November 25th, 2009 at 07:49 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Best Zonealarm feature gone - Privacy Settings

Quote Originally Posted by odio View Post
    "there is no privacy settings anymore, but there is no need, i have several plugins and high level of expertise to replace it", no offense, but how stupid is that?
    Dont tell me to download a plugin for each feature i want disabled so that when i want to use said features i have to disable that/those plugins!

FYI : I'm long time ZoneAlarm user.I used to set up and configure Privacy Settings features.

It was just to problematic.Wasn't able to access a lot of sites.In ZASS version 7.0.483.000 I thoroughly turn OFF all Privacy Settings for good.End of chapter.

Now I control everything at the browser level.Give give or deny permission with Firefox and Add-ons, and never look back.

Btw : Still using same Add-ons at that :

Adblock Plus 1.1.1
    BetterPrivacy 1.45
    ForceField Toolbar 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    NoScript 1.9.9.15
    Java Quick Starter 1.0 (Just now enable it by way of Java Control Panel)

Have a nice Day

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.5.5
    ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997810944
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 25th, 2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added Add-ons to thread

Thread Information