Thread: AntiVirus Updates and Scan

ConfusedUser Guest

Default AntiVirus Updates and Scan

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security, version 9.1.008 to two computers and I am experiencing the same problem on both. Both run Windows XP Pro SP3 and both have always had ZoneAlarm. The scheduled virus/spyware scan will not run by itself on either computer, the symptoms are the same for both.

I have the scan set to run daily at 5:30 AM. The first time I set it will run, but then re-set itself to 48 hours from the day and time it ran. If I let it go, it does not run again at that time and I have to manually run the scan. The manual run also auto sets the next run to 48 hours from the time of the manual start and it never runs again, only resets itself every 48 hours.

I have tried the reset on both, this did not correct it. Any other thoughts?

Default Re: AntiVirus Updates and Scan

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedUser View Post
    I have downloaded and installed the latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security, version 9.1.008 to two computers and I am experiencing the same problem on both. Both run Windows XP Pro SP3 and both have always had ZoneAlarm. The scheduled virus/spyware scan will not run by itself on either computer, the symptoms are the same for both.

I have the scan set to run daily at 5:30 AM. The first time I set it will run, but then re-set itself to 48 hours from the day and time it ran. If I let it go, it does not run again at that time and I have to manually run the scan. The manual run also auto sets the next run to 48 hours from the time of the manual start and it never runs again, only resets itself every 48 hours.

I have tried the reset on both, this did not correct it. Any other thoughts?

Known issue : I have the scan set to run daily at 5:30 AM. The first time I set it will run, but then re-set itself to 48 hours from the day and time it ran.

Set Auto update to every 30 min. or Hourly. Check Log Viewer.If it doesn't reinstall.

Maybe Corrupted download.Use the link to reinstall.

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...263#post268263

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

BTW : Auto updated already

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:997994944
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 28th, 2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Added ZA version updated

ConfusedUser Guest

Does "Known Issue" about the auto scan not working and resetting itself every 48 hours mean that is is being worked on and there is nothing that can be done now? I just want to clarify what I am to do as I have already done a full reset on BOTH computers and have the same issues on both computers having used two separate download files so the odds of a corrupted file are slim.

Thanks!!!

Does "Known Issue" about the auto scan not working and resetting itself every 48 hours mean that is is being worked on and there is nothing that can be done now?

Thanks!!!
    You're welcome

I reported it to Tech Support when I encounter this issue.They said they would pass it on to Devolvement.

Have a nice Day

ConfusedUser Guest

Please clarify, does "Known Issue" mean this is a glitch that others are experiencing? Is it being corrected? When can I expect a fix?

Please clarify, does "Known Issue" mean this is a glitch that others are experiencing? Is it being corrected? When can I expect a fix?
    Yes, it a known issue.
    Note that we are all users here, there is no ZA staff.

With a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support (they are closed during the weekend, you need to contact them during the week).

This way you can directly been informed on the issue or ask for a fix. No use to post it here

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information