Thread: I no longer get Event alerts

andyrsims Guest

Default I no longer get Event alerts

even though I have ZA set to alert me for EVERY intrusion attempt. I have had this problem off and on before. However when it does not bother to alert me then how can I be sure it is even working properly? I have asked this before and never got an answer but that was a while back. I always liked ZA but I do not like guessing at whether it is working or not.

Thanks

garywa Guest

Default Re: I no longer get Event alerts

Are you asking about "outside" intrusion alerts coming from the internet? Would one of the free web based port scans give you what you are looking for?

Am I understanding your question correctly?

Gary

andyrsims Guest

We are supposed to be able to go to Events and Logs and on the Main page I believe is an on and off switch.....that used to alert me any time with the intruders IP address which I could look up but it will absolutely not give me a visible alert any more. It seems if I check for it to be on and it senses an intrusion then it could easily pop up and tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrsims View Post
    We are supposed to be able to go to Events and Logs and on the Main page I believe is an on and off switch.....that used to alert me any time with the intruders IP address which I could look up but it will absolutely not give me a visible alert any more. It seems if I check for it to be on and it senses an intrusion then it could easily pop up and tell me.
    Alerts & Logs / Main / Alert Events Shown : Set to High or Med.

Alerts & Logs / Program Logging / Custom : Check All

Alerts & Logs / Advanced / Alert Events : Check the events for which you wish to generate alerts and log entries.

F1 / Help : Look under Index / Setting basic alerts and log options.

If this still doesn't work for you do a reset.

The database could be corrupt.Try resetting this way.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Do not restore old settings.

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 28th, 2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added Support link & Reset

andyrsims Guest

I attempted an uninstall and reinstalled from ZA download from CNET which is where ZA site sent me. I did this three times and each time it would not go through the install process without hanging so eventually I had to just get ~~ another firewall ~~. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by fax; November 28th, 2009 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrsims View Post
    I attempted an uninstall and reinstalled from ZA download from CNET which is where ZA site sent me. I did this three times and each time it would not go through the install process without hanging so eventually I had to just get ~~ another firewall ~~. Thanks anyway.
    Your welcome

You should have download from here.

Product-Specific Support at this link :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 28th, 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Reposted Quote as not to show Firewall name

Thread Information