Thread: I own it but can't install it!!!

deadheadduke Guest

Angry I own it but can't install it!!!

I'm pissed! I used to use ZAP but had so many problems I gave up on it. Then I needed something for my laptop so I took a chance and bought a copy of ZAP 9. All was well for a short time then it quit working. I tried to no avail to get it to work and finally decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. It seemed to uninstall but didn't so I ran a registry cleaner and remove all instances related to ZoneAlarm. Now when I try to reinstall it gets to the 52% point and a popup says I don't have Administrative rights so I can't proceed. First of all that's a bunch of BS, but just to pacify ZAP Support I turned off all system protections and did the bit of giving the Admin permissions in the Registry. I have tried this about 3 times (duh?) to be sure I hadn't made a mistake but every time I reboot after leaving the registry and restarting I get the identical result.

This is ridiculous! Can't these guys get their act together?

If anyone has a clue as to what to do other than a system reinstall I would love to hear from you.

Cecil Britton

Default Re: I own it but can't install it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadduke View Post
    I'm pissed! I used to use ZAP but had so many problems I gave up on it. Then I needed something for my laptop so I took a chance and bought a copy of ZAP 9. All was well for a short time then it quit working. I tried to no avail to get it to work and finally decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. It seemed to uninstall but didn't so I ran a registry cleaner and remove all instances related to ZoneAlarm. Now when I try to reinstall it gets to the 52% point and a popup says I don't have Administrative rights so I can't proceed. First of all that's a bunch of BS, but just to pacify ZAP Support I turned off all system protections and did the bit of giving the Admin permissions in the Registry. I have tried this about 3 times (duh?) to be sure I hadn't made a mistake but every time I reboot after leaving the registry and restarting I get the identical result.

This is ridiculous! Can't these guys get their act together?

If anyone has a clue as to what to do other than a system reinstall I would love to hear from you.

Cecil Britton

Contact Tech Support Directly..
    Click link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

deadheadduke Guest

Thanks for the helpful reply, it's much appreciated and will be heeded.

Cec Britton

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadduke View Post
    Thanks for the helpful reply, it's much appreciated and will be heeded.

Cec Britton

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    Other Users may benifit from your solution..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV

Hi!
    if you have a valid license its important you contact ZA support directly, it is free for registered users.
    Explain well the problem and what you have done to resolve it. This is to troubleshoot your issue properly and failing that to ask for a refund.

No use to post this type of messages here, there is no ZA staff just users

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

garagejournal1 Guest

I needed something for my laptop so I took a chance and bought a copy of ZAP 9. All was well for a short time then it quit working.

*** SNIP ***

Advertisement Removed Due to Violation of ZA Terms of Use Policy..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 30th, 2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Violation of ZA Terms of Use Policy

Quote Originally Posted by garagejournal1 View Post
    I needed something for my laptop so I took a chance and bought a copy of ZAP 9. All was well for a short time then it quit working.

*** SNIP ***

Advertisement Removed Due to Violation of ZA Terms of Use Policy..
    Terms Of Use
    Discussion Board User Terms of Use
    THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW (THE "Terms") GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB (THE "Site") AND ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU ("you" or "User") AND ZoneAlarm, a Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. Company, ("ZoneAlarm"). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING THE SITE.
    BY CLICKING ON THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS

ZoneAlarm asks that you respect our on-line community and participating individuals. Your conduct should be guided by common sense, basic etiquette and the "Community Guidelines" posted by ZoneAlarm on the Site (as periodically revised by ZoneAlarm). To further these common goals when posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site, you agree not to:
    • Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Participate in off-topic discussions (except as appropriate in the "Miscellaneous" forum).
    • Post any fraudulent, misleading or malicious Submissions.
    • Offer for sale products or services.
    • Disparage the products or services of any company or individual.
    • Link to content not allowed on the Site.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 30th, 2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Typo
    GeorgeV

Thread Information