I recently (on renewal of my ZoneAlarm licence) upgraded from Internet Security to Extreme Security. That seems to have gone OK. However, I am now receiving daily recommendations to update to Extreme Security 2010.
On following the link, instructions on the screen read:
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 Software Update Product updates are critical to stay protected against the latest Internet threats. Please choose from the following 2 options:
1. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010
Download Free Update Now This update delivers:
• Unified antivirus/spyware scanning engine • Improved performance, including 80% faster scans • Advanced Download Protection • Windows 7 ready* 2. Add Hard Drive Encryption to ZoneAlarm
Extreme Security Upgrade Now for only $29.95 Hard Drive Encryption provides the following features:
• Keeps your data and identity private • Makes your data unreadable to unauthorized eyes • Works silently in the background • Same technology used by major corporations To download and install your update, please follow these easy steps:
- Click on the Download Free UpdateNow button above.
- Save the file to an easy-to-remember location on your hard drive.
- Double click the file on your PC to begin the installation wizard.
However, on saving the file and trying to run it (as per the above instructions), there is no filename / extension shown, and I am prompted to choose a program to run the file, so the installation wizard does not start. The same happens if I try this via overview / preferences in ZoneAlarm. I am currently running Extreme Security version 8.0.400.020.
Ainti-virus/spyware updates seem to be running OK.