Thread: ZoneAlarm Falling Apart

rbillingsley Guest

Unhappy ZoneAlarm Falling Apart

When I upgraded my ZoneAlarm to the initial release of version 9. I noticed that the Firewall Log was no longer updating. It was always blank. ZoneAlarm tech support blamed it on my Internet Service Provider, but they were not the ones who changed, I had the same ISP before the updates quit. Never got a resolution on the issue.

Then, in a subsequent update the Programs Log quit updating. Didn't bother talking to ZA Tech support, they would only give me the same excuses. I just lived with it.

Now with this last update, everything previously is still broken and the Automatic Anti-virus Update has quit working. I now have to wait for Windows to tell me that my Anti-Virus listings are out of date. Then I have to manually open ZoneAlarm and select "Update Now" to get the latest virus information.

With only a little over a month to go on my subscription I think it may be time to switch to a different firewall program. I have used ZoneAlarm for a lot of years, but if it is falling apart, I think it is time for a change.

robinrob Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Falling Apart

This fixed the auto update for me:

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Thread Information