Thread: ZAES ForceField not updating to latest version

Astraion Guest

Post ZAES ForceField not updating to latest version

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone knows how to force FF to update to the latest version? I've noticed that an update has been released to fix the incompatibility with Firefox 3.5.5 but my FF still shows as version 1.5.36.15. (ZAES is 9.0.114) As a result virtualisation does not work with Firefox.

I've tried running a manual update in preferences for ZAES as well as in Settings for FF but neither one seems to update - and I haven't had the message about the update to ZAES that others have mentioned either.

I'm running XP SP3.

Does perhaps the ZAES file available for download from this site contain the latest version? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Milan

Astraion Guest

Default Re: ZAES ForceField not updating to latest version

UPDATE:

I took the plunge and uninstalled both ZAES and Firefox, restarted and first did a clean install on Firefox and then installed the latest version of ZAES.

The versions are all up to date now but virtualisation with Firefox still doesn't work!

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993941760
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.955

Astraion Guest

RESOLUTION UPDATE:

OK, managed to finally get the update by going into FF settings and clicking the Update button. Then I got the message about the compatibility pack for firefox and a restart and now it works.

Sorry about the blither, but hopefully anyone else experiencing the same issues will learn from my mistakes

What I did:

Uninstall ZAES and Firefox (Probably not necessary to uninstall Firefox)
    Restart
    Install Firefox - then install ZAES
    Restart
    Go into ForceField Settings and click update button (You should get the compatibility pack message)
    Restart
    Profit!

Thanks,
    Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Astraion View Post
    RESOLUTION UPDATE:

OK, managed to finally get the update by going into FF settings and clicking the Update button. Then I got the message about the compatibility pack for firefox and a restart and now it works.

Sorry about the blither, but hopefully anyone else experiencing the same issues will learn from my mistakes

What I did:

Uninstall ZAES and Firefox (Probably not necessary to uninstall Firefox)
    Restart
    Install Firefox - then install ZAES
    Restart
    Go into ForceField Settings and click update button (You should get the compatibility pack message)
    Restart
    Profit!

Thanks,
    Milan
    Thank You for posting that you resolve your issue.Other users will benefit from this.

Have a nice Day

Winterstrong Guest

This is great info. I was attracted to the original message about being unable to update ZA. I have tried every technique I know to update without success. My modem shows a short-lived attempt to connect to the server update.zonelabs.com, but never connects. I have checked my antivirus and Internet settings to insure no blocking is occurring and even added the above IP address to my trusted sites. I started using ZAES in October and yet to update my anti-virus defs. Needless to say, Firefox my primary browser has been unable to get the compatibility patch as well. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

monkE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Astraion View Post
    UPDATE:

I took the plunge and uninstalled both ZAES and Firefox, restarted and first did a clean install on Firefox and then installed the latest version of ZAES.

The versions are all up to date now but virtualisation with Firefox still doesn't work!

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993941760
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.4
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 03.955
    I am running Windows 7 and yesterday updated Extreme Security to 9.1.008 (manually as for some reason it wouldn't automatically).

Now, neither Firefox 3.5.5 or IE8 are protected by ForceField. I have tried updating ForceField manually via the 'Update' button in settings which does not do anything.

ForceField was working fine with the previous version of Extreme Security in both Firefox and IE but now, nothing.

I read a thread about the Firefox compatibility pack for XP but listed nothing for 7.

Any ideas?

Winterstrong and monkE

From reading your issues in your post I would suggest to contact Support at this link :

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

monkE Guest

Solved!

I reinstalled Extreme Security today after which I manually updated ForceField. This time I received a message informing me of the compatibility pack for Firefox 3.5.5. After restarting my machine as requested by Forcefield I loaded up Firefox and IE8 and found that they are now both protected again by Forcefield!

Thread Information