Thread: email blocked

longshanks Guest

Default email blocked

My email is blocked. It will not function through outlook or outlook express.

It does work when Zone labs is disabled.

I have identified the *.exe file that is being blocked, but cannot find it listed in the programmes.

Default Re: email blocked

Quote Originally Posted by longshanks View Post
    My email is blocked. It will not function through outlook or outlook express.

It does work when Zone labs is disabled.

I have identified the *.exe file that is being blocked, but cannot find it listed in the programmes.

I have ZoneAlarm running on 4 Computers with outlook 2007 with no problems with Email..

We need more information from you, about what Version of Windows and MS update? version and type of Zonealarm, and any oth Security programs installed..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number .
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

longshanks Guest

Actually I am halfway across the World in England.

I have used ZA for about six years and am very satisfied so far.

I use Widows XP Pro and Zone Alarms Pro.

I am sure their has been a foul up some where. I installed the latest up date on Friday and did not reboot until Sunday morning. That is when it all went pear-shaped.

ashMaiSV.exe is the file I believe is being blocked. Its destination is POP.Virgin.net which is my mail server. I cannot find the file in the programme list. I do not recollect asking it to be permanentkly blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by longshanks View Post
    Actually I am halfway across the World in England.

I have used ZA for about six years and am very satisfied so far.

I use Widows XP Pro and Zone Alarms Pro.

I am sure their has been a foul up some where. I installed the latest up date on Friday and did not reboot until Sunday morning. That is when it all went pear-shaped.

ashMaiSV.exe is the file I believe is being blocked. Its destination is POP.Virgin.net which is my mail server. I cannot find the file in the programme list. I do not recollect asking it to be permanentkly blocked.

Thank you for your Feedback..

It sounds like you may have a Bad Download or corrupted ZAPro Install..

You can Contact ZA Tech Support LIVE Text Chat Mode for Free, by Clicking the Support Link in my Signature.. They are On-Line now..
    and will ask you a few Questions about your Computer, Version Of windows and Upgrades to Windows and Version and Type of ZoneAlarm.

Please Give them Full Details of your Problem..
    It is Best to Followup with Feedback directly to Tech support..
    So that they can Find a solution or Escalate your Problem to the Developers..

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information