Thread: Forcefield: Shielding Bookmarks From Being Saved

dcmega Guest

Thumbs down Forcefield: Shielding Bookmarks From Being Saved

I would love for Forcefield to work but its become increasingly problematic. I can't open unprotected browsers anymore (not sure if this is regular ZAX issue or Forcefield specific) nor can I cannot save bookmarks anymore.

Previously, I could open an unprotected version of Firefox (3.0.15) and the bookmarks would save normally, but the saved bookmarks would not appear in the version under Forcefield, even if I cleared the Forcefield cache.

Even more annoying, my original bookmarks I had at the time of installing ZAX have been selectively deleted from the browser when I open it under forcefield. (Trying to restore some of these deleted bookmarks is what made me realize bookmarks aren't saving at all).

But once I shut down forcefield completely, now the version of my bookmarks that appeared under forcefield are now what I see in my regular unprotected browser with ZAX shutdown completely. What in blazes!? I thought it created a virtualized version of the browser, not a replacement version.

My temporary work around was to disable forcefield entirely and use the free Spybot S&D resident application for defense. But would love to use what I paid for...

I thought it might be that I needed to upgrade Firefox but I cannot because the remote tools I use for work won't function under the new versions (nor do they function under IE)... But clearly that's not the case because I see compatibility issue posts all over the place with the newest versions of firefox as well.

Default Re: Forcefield: Shielding Bookmarks From Being Saved

Quote Originally Posted by dcmega View Post
    I would love for Forcefield to work but its become increasingly problematic. I can't open unprotected browsers anymore (not sure if this is regular ZAX issue or Forcefield specific) nor can I cannot save bookmarks anymore.

Previously, I could open an unprotected version of Firefox (3.0.15) and the bookmarks would save normally, but the saved bookmarks would not appear in the version under Forcefield, even if I cleared the Forcefield cache.

Even more annoying, my original bookmarks I had at the time of installing ZAX have been selectively deleted from the browser when I open it under forcefield. (Trying to restore some of these deleted bookmarks is what made me realize bookmarks aren't saving at all).

But once I shut down forcefield completely, now the version of my bookmarks that appeared under forcefield are now what I see in my regular unprotected browser with ZAX shutdown completely. What in blazes!? I thought it created a virtualized version of the browser, not a replacement version.

My temporary work around was to disable forcefield entirely and use the free Spybot S&D resident application for defense. But would love to use what I paid for...

I thought it might be that I needed to upgrade Firefox but I cannot because the remote tools I use for work won't function under the new versions (nor do they function under IE)... But clearly that's not the case because I see compatibility issue posts all over the place with the newest versions of firefox as well.
    Could you provide more relevant information so users can address your issue.Post the following :

Could you please provide the following :

Your OS : XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7

What Add-ons / Plugins in the browsers

What remote tools if possible

Right click on ZoneAlarm icon on System tray by the clock and click About.Click Copy to Clipboard and then OK.After entering text to message panel, on your keyboard enter key combinations Ctrl + V to paste to message ZoneAlarm Version.

Have a nice Day

Thread Information