Thread: Don't think FF is functioning at all!

katiebuglove Guest

Unhappy Don't think FF is functioning at all!

When I click on "Protection Activity" on the FF toolbar, everything is a big zero. However, I have downloaded many, many things since installing FF. Also, I can't bring up "Settings" or "License" from the toolbar. Nothing happens when I click on them. I have FF enabled in "manage add-ons" and I see the toolbar and the white halo around the page when I open a browser.

I don't think I'm protected at all....

Default Re: Don't think FF is functioning at all!

Quote Originally Posted by katiebuglove View Post
    When I click on "Protection Activity" on the FF toolbar, everything is a big zero. However, I have downloaded many, many things since installing FF. Also, I can't bring up "Settings" or "License" from the toolbar. Nothing happens when I click on them. I have FF enabled in "manage add-ons" and I see the toolbar and the white halo around the page when I open a browser.

I don't think I'm protected at all....
    Are you using ForceFied (standalone version), If you are what version.

Your OS : XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7

Overlapping Security Tools (even if disabled)

Right click on ZoneAlarm icon on System tray by the clock and click About.Click Copy to Clipboard and then OK.After entering text to message panel, on your keyboard enter key combinations Ctrl + V to paste to message ZoneAlarm Version.

Have a nice Day

katiebuglove Guest

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998389024
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

FF v 1.3.153.0

Windows XP
    SP3
    No other security tools (that I know of!)

I don't know if it's stand alone or not. I had a problem about a month ago with renewal and other comuter problems. I uninstalled FF and got a refund while I figured things out. I noticed in the meantime that I had the "lite" version on my toolbar and when I later repurchased and installed I thought I had the full version of FF. My question before I repurchased was, if I repurchase FF but have a version of it on my toolbar now, will this be redundant? I was assured that if I clicked on the "upgrade" button I would be getting FF and it would not be redundant. I thought it was working okay until I realized it wasn't recording protections.

...help...

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998389024

FF v 1.3.153.0

Windows XP
    SP3
    No other security tools (that I know of!)

I don't know if it's stand alone or not. I had a problem about a month ago with renewal and other comuter problems. I uninstalled FF and got a refund while I figured things out. I noticed in the meantime that I had the "lite" version on my toolbar and when I later repurchased and installed I thought I had the full version of FF. My question before I repurchased was, if I repurchase FF but have a version of it on my toolbar now, will this be redundant? I was assured that if I clicked on the "upgrade" button I would be getting FF and it would not be redundant. I thought it was working okay until I realized it wasn't recording protections.

...help...
    ForceField v 1.3.153.0 is (standalone) version.

If you have a current paid license for ForceField (standalone) you can do the following.

Most likely ForceField is corrupt.I had this issue once.

Uninstall this way : "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe" /rmlicense Add a space then /rmlicense

Run CCleaner to cleanup registry.The one that says " Registry " .You can download at this link :

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim

When you reinstall you will be ask do you want to renew click later or no.One of those, can't remember and close the bowser.

Install ForceField and copy and paste the license.Reboot to register license.

1.5.053.049 is current.You can download at this link :

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

You can install over the top.You shouldn't have any isses.I have done it this way before.

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.If your license is current contact Support.

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Have a nice Day

Charles_ B

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.5.5
    ForceField Version 1.5.53.49 (standalone)
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:998396320

katiebuglove Guest

To unistall, am I using, Start>Run> and then typing in "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe" /rmlicense /rmlicense? I get a message that it can't be found but I found this:

D:\Docs\ZoneAlarm\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe

Is this what goes in Start>Run?

To unistall, am I using, Start>Run> and then typing in "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe" /rmlicense /rmlicense? I get a message that it can't be found but I found this:

D:\Docs\ZoneAlarm\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe

Is this what goes in Start>Run?
    Other option other then this, is run the uninstaller without /rmlicense switch. Do it this way, just run the uninstaller without the switch and you'll be OK.No need to enter license.When reinstalling just install over the top.

This is how I do it.But you can use the above mention.You'll be OK.

Go to Start / All Programs / ZoneAlarm ForceField / on Uninstall ForceField right click on Properties and when you see the following :

Target: "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe"

On your keyboard use the Arrowkeys and press the " down " key, then press space bar and copy and paste /rmlicense

It should look like this : "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\Uninstall.exe" /rmlicense

Click Appy and Ok.

Then go to Start / All Programs / ZoneAlarm ForceField / Uninstall ForceField and run the Uninstaller.

Hope this helps.Run out of suggestions.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 2nd, 2009 at 10:58 AM.

katiebuglove Guest

Thank you for clear, concise instructions. Everything working great now!

Thank you for clear, concise instructions. Everything working great now!
    You're most welcome

Glad everything working great now!

Have a nice Day

Thread Information