Thread: What is Game Mode

bob3002 Guest

Default What is Game Mode

I have been having a few problems loading some sites.What is game mode and how many notches does security go down,when it is engaged.I engaged it and I can get into a few site with no problems (they are not game sites).

findley Guest

Default Re: What is Game Mode

Have you seen this from Zone Alarm Help obtained by right clicking on the Z in the system tray and clicking on Help and search for Game Mode
    Understanding Game Mode
    Game Mode minimizes interruptions while you play computer games by doing the following:

Lets you temporarily allow or deny all program permission requests, so that requests are answered without displaying alerts.
    Postpones automatic scans and product updates.
    Suppresses all Informational alerts and all alerts in which you are prompted to make a decision. This includes:
    Alerts caused by Ask settings in the Programs List, such as permission alerts triggered by programs trying to send mail or act as servers.
    OSFirewall alerts, which prompt you to allow or deny behavior considered unusual or suspicious.
    ID Lock alerts and Outbound Mailsafe alerts.
    Game Mode settings do not override Block or Allow settings in your Programs List. If you have configured ZoneAlarm security software to always block a specific program, it continues to block that program even if you activate Game Mode with a setting of Allow.

Game Mode remains active until you turn it off, or until you turn off ZoneAlarm security software or your computer.

Findley

Default Re: What is Game Mode

Quote Originally Posted by bob3002 View Post
    I have been having a few problems loading some sites.What is game mode and how many notches does security go down,when it is engaged.I engaged it and I can get into a few site with no problems (they are not game sites).
    I am having a problem playing an Online Game with ZoneAlarm running.

In-depth information at this link :

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-1968511000181003022/view_question!PAGETYPE?sc=16&sf=101133&documentid= 347124&action=view

Have a nice Day

Thread Information