Thread: ZAISS 9.1.008 takes over Firefox d/ls

slorn Guest

Default ZAISS 9.1.008 takes over Firefox d/ls

I just installed 9.1.008.000. ZA has now taken over control of file downloads done through Firefox 3.5.5 (a ZoneAlarm dialog box pops up to confirm, etc.)

How can I stop ZA from doing this and go back to Firefox managing the downloads?

Thanks
    Last edited by slorn; December 2nd, 2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: clarity

Default Re: ZAISS 9.1.008 takes over Firefox d/ls

Hi!
    I think there is no other alternative than re-install ZA but without the toolbar (uncheck it at install).

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by slorn View Post
    I just installed 9.1.008.000. ZA has now taken over control of file downloads done through Firefox 3.5.5 (a ZoneAlarm dialog box pops up to confirm, etc.)

How can I stop ZA from doing this and go back to Firefox managing the downloads?

Thanks
    If you're using ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.36.2 limited ForceField and If this is the case.

In Firefox/3.5.5 you could go to Tools / Add-ons and click Disable ZoneAlarm Toolbar 1.5.36.2 .See if this works for you.

It works on ForceField version 1.5.53.49 (standalone). If not, then follow Guru Fax's suggestion.

Have a nice Day
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; December 2nd, 2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: typo

CyberChief Guest

Exclamation Re: ZAISS 9.1.008 takes over Firefox d/ls

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this? I have a couple of questions. If the toolbar is not installed will ZA 9.1.008.000 still protect the browsers? Will this diminish the program protection in any way? I use Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Intel Dual Core 3.20 GHz Processor, GeForce 9800 GT Video Card 1 GB Video DDR3 Memory, 320 GB SATA II drive.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberChief View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this? I have a couple of questions. If the toolbar is not installed will ZA 9.1.008.000 still protect the browsers? Will this diminish the program protection in any way? I use Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Intel Dual Core 3.20 GHz Processor, GeForce 9800 GT Video Card 1 GB Video DDR3 Memory, 320 GB SATA II drive.

How is ZoneAlarm Ver. 9 Protecting my Computer?
    all ZoneAlarm Version 9 products with antivirus also provide additional protection against new viruses:
    • OSFirewall identifies malicious behavior to stop viruses from doing any harm
    • Heuristic virus detection identifies viruses even if they are unknown, not on a signature list
    • Advanced Download Protection prevents accidental installation of viruses
    • Browser Security blocks dangerous web sites that distribute viruses
    • Existing extensive signature database protects against known viruses
    • Anti-spam blocks dangerous emails with dangerous links and attachments with viruses (not in ZoneAlarm Antivirus)
    • Browser Virtualization blocks invisible "drive-by" downloads of viruses (only in ZoneAlarm Extreme Security)
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information