Thread: Can't completely uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro

marctattoo Guest

Default Can't completely uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro

Hi!

I have been using ZA PRO since a few years but I have to admit that as the time past and you "updated" your versions of Zone Alarm PRO I was getting more and more frustrated as I found that the updates weren't really working! Lately I updated my Zone Alarm PRO to the 9.1.008.000 version and it has been **** since then! This update not only took forever to install but did really slow down my computer!.. and is even less user friendly that the previous one (Automatic updates won't work, Anti Spyware scan has disappeared too ??? and more) ... to a point where I got really frustrated with Zone Alarm PRO. Therefore I decided that enough was enough and I wanted to get rid of it. Easier said than done!...
    I never saw a program that was so complicated to uninstall properly.

First it didn't want to uninstall itself because it said that some "True Vector Program / VSMON.EXE was being by another program??? ... As far as I know only ZA does use this program as it is ZA who installed it on my computer. Of course it blocked all my access to the Internet and it's only after a few hours of frustrating fights and after having unchecked the ZA Program via SPYBOT start up menu options that I managed to finally regain access to the Internet and got rid of the annoying indication panel regarding True Vector !!! So I finally managed to uninstall ZA PRO (?)...

At least that was what I thought that happened after I re-launched the uninstall option of ZA PRO.

Although the uninstall procedure finally seemed to run to its end without any problems, I did see that I still had VSMON.EXE-1609C098.pf in my C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch as well as a Zone Labs file in my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE !!!

I then used your so called Cleaner: cpes-clean and it didnít work at all. The registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE are still there and so is VSMON.EXE-1609C098.pf!

Not impressed! Ö and definitely not interested in renewing my License subscription!

Post Re: Can't completely uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro

I'm Sorry that your Uninstall of ZA Pro did not go well using the ZA Provided Uninstall tool.. You may have other Security Programs installed that are Conflicting with the Uninstall? Sone AV/AS programs have Registry Guard or locking tools that can prevent modification of the Registry.. We need more information from your about your Computer, Windows Version etc..

I had to moved your Post into it's Own Trend, to Prevent Accidental "HI-JACKING" of another Users successful request for Help..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Whenever posting here- it is always advisable to list your:OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7), your zonealarm product and it's version number .

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Please Post back with more information and your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarmģ Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information